Waaaayyy back in October, Noah and I met Mary and Jake at Old Mac Donald's Farm in Humble for a day o' fun. I wanted to take Noah to a pumpkin patch for the token pictures with pumpkins, but I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on admission when I knew he wasn't really going to be able to take advantage of all the fun activities (read: I didn't want to pay the $$$ to go to Dewberry yet). Old Mac Donalds was a good in-between for us- not too expensive and there were lots of activities, a petting zoo, a train (that we didn't get to ride- it conveniently broke down close to lunch time, suspicious, no?) and a pumpkin patch area. I have to be honest, part of me wanted to turn around when we pulled into the parking lot and saw about 15 school buses also parked. Alas, I did some relaxing breathing and got us out of the car.
We walked around quite a bit and let Jake show off his newly aquired walking skills while we looked at various farm animals. Since both boys hadn't quite grasped animal noises yet and were more interested in the dirt and grass than the animals, it was a pretty quick walk around the grounds :)
We made our way over to the pumpkin area, where we were informed that our children were the exception to the sign that read "Children pick one pumpkin to take home!" because we didn't pay FULL price for their admission. Seriously? They were gracious enough to at least let us in to take some pictures. Gee, thanks.
The only way to get both boys to sit on the bench for pictures was to feed them snacks. Oh, how Noah LOVES him some snacks. I still couldn't get both boys to look at me at the same time...Jake must have seen something more interesting than me to look at.
I might have accidentally hit my poor baby in the face with my camera while I was setting him down for the perfect picture...
In front of the "broken" train. I had forgotten what a beautiful day it was that day! (those leggings are for you, Dabs!)
We finished off our fun morning with lunch, where our precious boys shared mac and cheese, grapes, and crackers. I just LOVE having a little boy the same age as my BFF's little boy!
The rest of these pictures are just random from the rest of the fall...
Little stinker showing off his Halloween PJs! LOVE smiles through paci's. Melts my heart!
We went to our church's fall festival on Halloween. It was so much fun! The church totally went all out and made it the best one since we have been there (almost 5 years). There was a train, a bounce castle/slide, tons of booths, cotton candy, etc. Noah will have a blast next year!
I don't think there was ever a cuter monster!
Adorable boys- Noah and Jack- I mean the monster and Buzz Lightyear. I hope these two grow up to be great friends!
I decided riding the train was a "daddy" thing :) They sure do look sweet too!
That night we passed out candy at home and Noah dressed in his Halloween outfit for the occassion. In reality, he was only awake for the beginning of the trick-or-treaters. Homeboy goes to bed about 7:30 :)
The day after Halloween, we went for Noah's one year check up with Dr. G- his pedi cardiologist. He had an EKG and chest X-ray, which both turned out great! I was SHOCKED with how still and good he was for the EKG. If you've never had one, you have a bunch of leads stuck all over you and then you have to be super still for about a minute while the test runs. It's not at all painful, but just getting a 1 year old to sit still for a minute is difficult. I think everything was so weird to him that he was in a little bit of shocked wonder and that made him sit still :)
He also had to have another Holter monitor put on him. The Holter just monitors his heart for 24 hours to make sure that he has normal sinus rhthym and doesn't go into SVT when we don't know about it. Basically there are leads all over his chest taped to him and then he had to wear this belt thing to hold the monitor on. This is his 4th Holter he's had to wear (he had 2 in the hospital when he was born and one when he was 2 weeks old) and he did great again! He didn't mess with it AT ALL. Again, I was shocked. He is such a good boy.
Here he is with the Holter on- we joked that it looked like he had a blackberry hooked to his pants. He had important business deals that day :)
Apparently, that's all the pictures from the fall that I had on the camera...I didn't take one single picture over Thanksgiving with the camera. Ever since I got the iphone (life changer, btw!) I use it for about 90% of my picture taking. At any rate, we spent Thanksgiving in SA with my family. We had a great time with family, ate until we were stuffed and then my sisters, mom and I shopped the day after Thanksgiving. It was great! I love getting to spend time with my mom and sisters and long for the day when we live close to them ;)
Ha, this is the only picture from Thanksgiving on the phone- Noah sitting on Papa's belly :)
I think that about wraps up our fall! Between Halloween, the first birthday and Thanksgiving, we were busy, but it was all oh, so fun!


2 comments:
praise God that Noah is healthy and perfect! those are some answered prayers...
I LOVE the leggings!!! LOVE THEM!!! :)
Post a Comment