The weekend before Noah's actual first birthday, we had a little party at our house with some of our close friends and family. It was such a fun day! Noah is one loved little guy- he had family come in town from all over Texas! His Grammy, Aunt Micah and Uncle Chad came from DFW, Aunt Candace and Matt came from College Station, and Grammar, Papa, Aunt Courtney, Aunt Karen, Uncle Scott, Hallie, Emmie and Jackson all came from San Antonio and San Marcos! It really made the day that much more special having so much of our family there. And, of course, some of our closest friends came to celebrate our little guy! I can honestly say that everyone there was such a blessing in our little Noah's first year.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
1st Birthday Party
I went with a sock monkey theme for his first birthday. I just think they are so stinkin' cute! I know I have maybe one more year where I get to pick the theme and I totally took advantage of that :)
I ordered most of his decorations from an adorable etsy shop called Peas and Thank You. Everything was a-dorable and I loved working with the seller. I highly recommend her if you are looking for birthday decorations!
The front door was decorated with balloons and a cute sign.
I hung pictures from Noah's first year on the mantle- so much changes in the first year! My arms just ache to hold that tiny baby one more time...
View of the kitchen- my attempt at a tootsie roll pop topiary (a big fail, but it still turned out cute enough), yummy cupcakes from Dessert Gallery, candy and fruit sticks
More food- we had Noah's fave- Chick Fil A chicken nuggets! And some chips and dip, hot dogs and popcorn
Close up of the cupcake toppers- so cute!
Some party peeps paying the guest of honor a visit
Opening our first gift! Super cool paper, by the way :)
A big truck from Aunt Candace!
Thinking about opening another gift, but really just interested in the bows...
He had lots of help from cousins :)
Love the Little People toys!
Time for cake and singing...and not too sure about everyone staring at him
Not gonna lie, I'm glad I only gave him a cupcake and not a whole smash cake. I don't care if that makes me a lame mom- it was an easy mess to clean up!
Yum!
Thank you so much to everyone that came and made Noah's first birthday so special. It was the perfect day for a perfect little boy!

Posted by
Paula
at
9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
ok, you are the most creative person ever! and how can you get any cuter than a sock monkey?!
Post a Comment