Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

State of the Union

I did a little trip down blog memory lane today and noticed a couple of things.

 
1. Since having Noah (really since getting pregnant) I really don’t write very often and

2. When I do write, it’s generally a monthly update on Noah.

Clearly I get a big fat FAIL for documenting all of what is going on with our family. But here’s the thing. I work full time. I have a 10 month old. I have a husband that has a lot of hobbies that aren’t exactly indoor and appropriate for a baby since they involve things like guns and saw blades. That means that I am hanging out with a 10 month old that thinks the computer is AWESOME and it makes great noises when you bang on it, but it’s not so great when mom is staring at it and not letting him touch it. As of right now, I don’t have a cook or maid. On top of that, we don’t have a single family member that lives in the same city as us (ie we travel a lot). Point is, I am busy. While I can’t promise that I will be any better in the future, I really AM going to try to be better. Because here’s the other thing. I WANT to remember what our life was like while it’s just the three of us.

 So, in the spirit of being better, here are some things going on with ALL of the Bayles.

- It’s hunting season. This means that Ben sent me an email a couple of weeks ago outlining our weekends from now until January (not kidding) and filling them in with his hunting trips. He’s not gone every single weekend. I mean he’ll be at Noah’s birthday party.

 - Ben is working so hard on starting his own business. He’s making custom game calls (ladies, calm DOWN) and for very special people, he’ll make fancy pens and pencils. It really is very impressive what he can make. If I had as much talent in my whole being as Ben has in his pinky finger I would be over the moon. The business is called Truly Custom Calls and even has a facebook page! Look it up and become a fan! The website is almost finished and as soon as it is, there will be a link on our sidebar for it. Right now it is just a hobby that will maybe make a few bucks, but we’ll see where it leads.

 - I absolutely live for the second that I leave work and head home to see my favorite little person. Two nights a week it’s just me and him, and while it’s hard sometimes, I love every single minute with him. Even when he spits his food out at me and acts like what I have cooked is the most disgusting thing that has ever entered his little mouth.

- I think I might have a slight addiction to buying baby clothes online. Here’s the situation. I like Noah to wear a certain type of clothing. I’m not someone who believes that all babies should be dressed a certain way, but just like in my clothes, there is a certain “style” that I like him wear. For Sunday morning, I prefer him to wear jon-jons, smocked long-alls, etc. The major problem with this is that type of baby clothing tends to be quite pricey. Enter sites like zulily and smocked auctions on facebook. Oh my word. The very same clothes, only 50-70% off!! It’s like a crime to NOT buy stuff. After this week, I have convinced myself that I absolutely cannot buy Noah anymore Sunday outfits for the fall and winter. What I have not convinced myself of is that the babies our friends are having (especially the two baby GIRLS on the way) should not be getting a precious outfit or two.

- We had a surprise birthday party for my mom’s 60th birthday a few weeks ago in San Antonio. My mom is the perfect person for a surprise party. She is so trusting and doesn’t question anything. Our story was pretty believable though. Karen needed help with some things for the party the night before so we told mom we wanted to stay at my sister’s house in Wimberley Friday night so that I could go to the outlet mall in the morning and then we would meet for lunch in SA. Even though it was going to be HER birthday lunch, we told her what restaurant we wanted to meet at (the one where the party was) and she just went right along with it. We could have told her to meet us at a taco truck on the Southside of SA and she would have gone and not wondered why. I love my sweet mama.

- There has been a baby explosion around us lately. Off the top of my head, I can think of 8 friends that just had babies or are going to have a baby. Oh how I miss the sweet, tiny baby stage and their precious noises and how they stay curled in a ball when you get them out of their car seat. I may have a touch of baby fever when I am around them. And then I look at my sweet Noah and see how I can’t even walk out of the room without him crying and crawling after me and pulling on my leg to pick him up. And I realize I still have a little baby and am definitely not ready for him to be a big brother yet. It’s also pretty nice to sleep all night long.

- The newest little friend we have is Wyatt. He was born on Saturday to some dear friends of ours, Courtney and Justin, and is in the NICU working on his breathing since he was born a little early. We would so appreciate it if everyone would say a prayer for that little guy and his precious family!

So I guess that’s it for now. Our weeks are busy, busy with work, school and keeping up with Noah. We have Jake’s 1st Birthday Paw-ty this weekend, which I can’t believe is already here. I swear we were just having the boys’ baby shower yesterday.

7 comments:

Mary said...

You are working so hard so we'll go easy on you about the blog posts :) Thanks for this important Bayles update. I because a fan of my favorite duck call business on FB too! Jake is crossing his fingers that he gets a personalized call for his birthday!!

Andrea said...

This post made me laugh! It looks to me like you are doing a great job juggling everything!

JJB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JJB said...

What a great recap! I am so impressed by Ben- I know you're so proud! I am so impressed by you and your positive perspective. You truly encourage me. And I love that you invest so much time in Noah's ensembles- it's like Christmas waiting to see what he's wearing each Sunday! :) Keep it up- love you!

Unknown said...

I have plenty of friends with baby's that don't even track their monthly developments! I think you do beautifully - I hope that I can blog as dutifully as you do once our little girl gets here. All that said, isn't it more important that you get that quality time in with your two favorite dudes anyway rather than update your adoring blog fan base? :) See you soon!

Courtney Robertson said...

You crack me up! If you need some testimonials for the website - I'm sure Justin could write a few :) Thanks for our sweet shout-out too... Wyatt and his mommy appreciate all the prayers we can get, the sooner little man is home with the rest of us the better!

And P.S. (can I make this any longer?) - Jack only wants to read the book and play the game that Baby Noah gave him... obviously this makes all other toys and books less important if they don't come from the dude :)

askow said...

Um... why did you tell me about zulily? Shopping for Baby Clara just might become a problem! Loved your post and all of the updates.