Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 23, 2010

10 Months

10 months sounds so much older than 9 months, right?  I don’t know how it got to be September so fast, but here it is.  I’ve had to suck it up and deal with the fact that my baby boy is inching closer and closer to 1 year old for the sake of his fabulous birthday party. Decorations have been ordered, one year pictures have been scheduled and his special birthday shirt should be on its way to our house soon J


Noah B-



Here are 10 things about you at 10 months old…


1. You now have 4 teeth! You have had your bottom two for a while (July 29th to be exact) and you just cut your top two September 9th. They caused considerably less drama than the bottom two. You had about a week of getting up at odd hours in the middle of the night, but once those teeth poked through you were back to normal! You look like SUCH a big boy with those teeth.



2. You crawl all over the place and pull up on everything! At first you were hesitant to get off the rug in the living room and venture onto the wood floors, but now you cruise pretty much wherever you want to (although, you actually stay in the living room most of the time). You aren’t a huge fan of the tile in the kitchen, but that may be because the swiffer scared you one day.



3. It’s a three-way tie as to what is your favorite thing to pull up on: me and daddy, your leap frog table, or our barstools. Your leap frog table is by far your favorite toy and you’ve spent hours standing at it pushing every single button on there. I think I have the sounds from that little table permanently engraved in my head. On the other hand, you are happiest when someone is on the floor playing with you. You will play with your toys and then remember that we are down there with you and crawl over to us with the biggest smile proceed to climb all over us. Then you’ll go back to your toys and repeat. SO cute! And then you are obsessed with our barstools. You get so proud when you pull up on them! I’m making a mental note right now to video it. You pull up and start bobbing up and down like you are dancing and smile huge, all the while looking around to make sure we are watching you (which, of course we are!).



4. You became a little bit of a mama’s boy this month. It’s not a secret that I LOVE this. I believe my exact words to your dad were, “FINALLY all of the hours I’ve logged in with him are paying off!” Thankfully, you still don’t cry when we drop you off places, but if I am in the room, you want me to either hold you or be right by your side. Love, love, love it.



5. You are getting better about eating table food- thanks to the teeth- and you are a TON better at feeding yourself. I can give you Ritz crackers and you will chomp on them, you get shredded cheese (which you love) and some of it actually makes it in your mouth and you of course get your beloved puffs. We have made it through several church services thanks to those puffs.



6. You have decided that you love your puppy dogs, especially Dixie. You just light up and start kicking your legs and flailing your arms when you see her. You are just fascinated with the dogs. You love to watch Georgia eat (if you’ve ever seen that dog eat, you’d understand), you love to pet Dixie and get so tickled when her nose touches you. You still don’t get to spend a ton of time with the dogs since they are outside dogs, but I hope that one day when you are bigger you will spend hours outside playing with them 


7. You make some pretty funny faces and noises. Your current favorite is one where you wrinkle your nose and smile and breathe out your nose (sort of like…a bull??). You also have started talking in, what I like to call, your mean voice. You’ll shout, “DADADADADA” in a kind of raspy voice and you look like you’re trying to make a scary face. Then your dad or I will do it back to you and we go back and forth until you are tired of it. Silly boy!


8. You’ve started getting your flirt on at restaurants and church. We were eating lunch the other day and there were THREE tables of women lunching surrounding us. You were absolutely eating up the attention. You would flash your “crinkly-nose-bull-face” and they would just gush at you. At church, you like to stand holding onto the back of the pew and flirt with whoever is behind us.



9. You definitely understand the word “no.” We are bad parents and haven’t really gotten around to baby proofing the entire house and have a couple of outlets still uncovered. When you notice them (which isn’t often, but still) you are drawn to those suckers like a moth to a light. It’s like they have a magnetic force for babies surrounding them. I can tell when they catch your eye and you start crawling towards them and at first, I just say, “Noah, what are you doing?” in my best mom voice. You usually stop and turn to me and flash me a smile and then keep going. Ha! Then I say, “No sir” and you stop mid-crawl and think about what you are going to do next. Unless I distract you with something else, you usually carry on to your destination, but at least I know you understand that the word “No” is supposed to make you think about your actions. We’ll work on making the right choice next. And we will DEFINITELY cover those outlets this weekend.


10. You are so HAPPY! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, says this about you. Oh, I am so thankful you are a happy boy. You light up a room when you are in it. I pray and pray that you stay this way.



Love you little boy!  Less than 2 MONTHS until your 1st birthday!!!

3 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

You are right- he IS such a happy boy!! And a precious one at that! I feel ya on the momma's boy thing- I know I will feel the same way!! :)

Mary said...

ah! i almost died - SO CUTE! we miss noah!!

love mama's boys!

Unknown said...

He is precious you guys! I can't wait to catch you guys on a weekend in College Station sometime this fall and see how big he's gotten!