Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

11 Months

Well technically, it’s almost 11.5 months. Gah! I had such high hopes of getting this post up closer to Noah actually turning 11 months old. I WILL do better with 12 months.


One year. Holy Moly. My BABY will be ONE WHOLE YEAR OLD in less than 3 weeks. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Just FYI- there aren't any pictures.  This is more just for me so I don't forget what baby Noah was like at 11 months old.  We are having some computer issues at home (as in we wiped it and now can't do anything on it) so I'll have to add them later.  There are some adorable ones from this month, too!

 Noah B, here is what you are up to at 11 months old!


I have absolutely no idea how much you weigh or how long you are (find out next month), but you definitely look a lot taller this month and even a little leaner- more like a little toddler and less like a baby. You still have those baby cheeks and chubby little hands and feet, thank goodness.

You have gotten much faster at crawling. You LOVE for me to get on the ground and “chase” you crawling- you laugh and go super fast, but pause occasionally to make sure I am still after you. It’s pretty cute.


You pull up on everything with absolutely no problem. In fact, you barely need any support at all getting to a standing position. You’re pretty close to just going from sitting to standing all by yourself.


You will let go and stand on your own for long amounts of time. Sometimes you will bounce up and down without holding on to anything either! Big boy!


You aren’t walking on your own, but you do use the push toy now. You usually end up with it running into the wall, get mad and then just keep ramming it into the wall until someone helps you turn it. Oh dear.


You point at EVERYTHING. Outside, the dogs, people, pictures, trees, basically anything you want to touch or see closer.


When we get home from school you have a routine of what you want to look at and let us know by pointing at them. Usually it goes: glittery spiders on the mantle (Halloween decorations), pictures on the desk (your favorite is the one of daddy and Dixie dog), then pictures on the wall of mama and daddy’s wedding, and finally the back door or window to look at the dogs. It is so funny to me how you have a little ritual and remember it every.single.day.


You are trying to say “dog” and it usually comes out “duh” or “guh.” You are obsessed with the dogs. You love standing at the window looking at them and you get so excited when it’s time to feed them. You will stop whatever you are doing and crawl over real fast to go outside and “help.”


You do “SOOO BIG” really well and usually clap for yourself right after. It’s about 50/50 whether you will do it on command. The best shot we have of you cooperating is while you are in your highchair eating.


In fact, while you are in your highchair eating is probably when you act your silliest. You’ll make faces, laugh, talk and just eat up the attention that you get for being so funny.


On the flip side, your highchair is also where we have had the most “discipline” problems with you. You are such a good, happy little boy, BUT you have a problem with spitting your food out at us if you decide you don’t like it. It tends to happen if you get a piece of fruit followed by a bite of vegetable or meat. The chewed up veggie comes falling out of your mouth once you realize what it is. Yuck. Your dad and I are determined to not have a picky eater and to raise a child that eats their vegetables. So, the chewed up food goes back in your mouth, which you do not like so much, and you get told “No!” when you spit it out. Sometimes I can catch you when you are about to spit it out and just tell you “No sir” and you rethink your decision.


Speaking of discipline, this month marked the first time that you reacted adversely to the word “No” or getting talked to in a stern voice. You get this hurt little face and start crying, which I think is just so sad. Besides the spitting food problem, the only other time you get in trouble is when you are getting your diaper changed or getting your clothes on in the morning or after your bath. You constantly try to escape all of those activities, which causes many tears.


You still love your mom and dad to hold you and get a little upset when someone you don’t recognize tries to hold you. And you can forget about us leaving you. It is sure to bring on tears, even if we are just going into the other room.


It’s getting harder and harder to keep you occupied during church. You are just so busy and have so much to say that it’s hard to be quiet and confined to a small area for an hour or longer. We go through books, snacks, a bottle if we need to, toys, the Sunday bulletin, cell phones, etc. But I love having you in church, so I’m going to use all my tricks before you go to the nursery for worship (your dad and I kind of differ on this).


Here are all of the table foods you are eating (and some spitting out :) ): chicken, turkey lunch meat, ravioli, grilled cheese, peas, cooked carrots, cooked squash, sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese, french fries (he’s tried a couple. Mom of the year, I know), diced apples, peaches, pears, mandarin oranges, grapes, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, shredded cheese, applesauce, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon toast, waffles, french toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, nutri-grain bars and nilla wafters.


This is our last month of formula! Hooray! And, hopefully, the bottle to sippy cup transition will go smoothly. You drink from a sippy cup fine- but just water and juice. The one time I tried to put formula in it, you got pretty ticked at me. Fingers crossed that you get over it quickly!


You are just getting better and better, little boy! I love being your mama and spending every second that I can with you- I absolutely live for the weekends when we can hang out all day long. I can’t wait to celebrate your 1st year in just a few weeks!

1 comments:

JJB said...

I LOVE Noah's "routine!" How sweet that he likes to look at your wedding pictures... what a precious little boy! I can't believe he is almost one- how EXCITING :)