Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

8 months

Umm when did Noah’s ticker at the top start counting down to his first birthday?!?! I am NOT ready for that. We still have 3 and a half blissful months of little baby Noah left!

 Although, if I’m being honest…I will admit that I have started planning his 1st birthday party and have even been buying up decorations and have a date set aside for it. The ONLY reason I have been buying decorations already is because if I waited until October or November to do it, all that would in the stores is Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff! Let’s face it, the summer months have way more fun and colorful party décor available. Not that a cornucopia/pilgrim themed birthday party doesn’t sound AWESOME. :)


On to 8 months…
 This has been SUCH a fun month. I told Ben that if I could have ordered a baby off of a menu and hand-picked traits, Noah would have every single one of them. He is so incredibly happy, and has definitely earned the name “angel baby.”

Here’s what your eighth month was like, Noah baby:

- You started doubling-over laughing- not at just being tickled as you have been doing for a while, but laughing at silly things. You think your mama is the FUNNIEST person. I was dancing in the living room the other day to “I Need a Hero” and you were laughing so hard you couldn’t even keep your head up. I’m pretty sure anyone that would have witnessed that would have been laughing hard, but that’s neither here nor there.


- You went on your first vacation! We went to the cabin in New Mexico for a week after Aunt Micah’s wedding. Despite the banging, hammering, loooooong car rides and a few other setbacks, I think you really enjoyed being at the cabin! You loved looking at the hummingbirds and aspen leaves and swinging on the new porch swing outside.



- You sit up like a big boy all the time with no pillows around you and for long amounts of time. You have gotten to where we can sit you down on the floor surrounded by toys and you will play and talk for a good amount of time by yourself and even longer if we just sit down there with you.



- You have started reaching for things when you are sitting up. Unless I am there to help you with maneuvering your legs, you end up going to your tummy to get whatever it is that you want

- Your favorite toys are: spoons, an empty Hot Tamale box, paper, gum packages, the remote, my phone, empty bowls. What, those aren’t toys, you say? Yes, I am aware of that. You still play with your toys (stackable rings, laugh n learn puppy, and your dump truck that makes noise are currently your faves) but you prefer to play with non-toys.

- You still love to jump, jump, jump in your jumperoo! You go crazy in that thing.

- You FINALLY started rolling over more. With this new skill has come some problems though. You roll to your tummy in the middle of the night and can’t get back over to your back. You are so sleepy when it happens and you just whine and bury your face in your sheets. Sometimes you make it back to sleep on your tummy and other times I just go in and flip you over.

- You spent your very first 4th of July at home with me and your Grammar. Daddy was in Canada for work and Grammar came down and spent the entire week with you! I don’t know who enjoyed it more…me, you or Grammar




- You talk all the time! So far, its just “da da da da” and “na na na” and it ranges from very loud to a whisper. I love it when you whisper

- We started trying to use a sippy cup and you weren’t really feeling it. In fact, you gagged on it when I put in your mouth. We bought a different brand since then and you have actually started drinking from it! But I guess that skill really will go in your 9 month post…

- You wore size 2-3 diaper and a 3 at night

- You went back to having a bottle 5 times a day- each bottle is about 6 ounces every 3-4 hours. I know, that’s back up to 30 ounces, which your doctor said was too much, but that’s what works best for you and if you want 5 more ounces a day, so be it

 - Just for kicks, here is your current schedule:

7am- wake up, drink 6 oz bottle
7:45-8- eat oatmeal or cereal mixed with juice or fruit
9-10 or 10:30- nap
10:30- 6 oz bottle
11:30- lunch- ½ stage 2 veggie and ½ stage 2 fruit
12:30- nap
2pm (or whenever you wake up)- 6 oz bottle
4pm- nap (maybe)
5pm- 6 oz bottle
6:30 dinner- ½ stage 2 meat and veggie and ½-a whole stage 2 fruit
7pm- bath time
7:30-8 bottle and bedtime

- You are a pretty flexible kid so anything can be off by 30 minutes and you are fine. The only thing that you do not do well with is if you miss is your morning nap. If it’s the weekend, I try to be home for that. Sunday is the only day that you usually miss that nap, but luckily we usually make up for it with a good afternoon nap!



- You constantly open and close your hands. When you want something, you open and close your hands and start flailing your arms. When you want to be picked up you put both arms kind of out at your side and open and close your fists.

- I decided to put the whole open and closing your hands to good use and started working on “bye-bye” which you are getting better at (or its just a coincidence…). After bath, you like to look at yourself in the mirror and talk. So when it is time to leave the bathroom, I started standing with you at the mirror and saying “Bye-bye, baby!” and waving. By the time we are in the hall you start lifting one arm and opening and closing your fist. I’m considering it the beginnings of waving.

 - I tell you at least 5 times a day that you are the cutest thing ever. And then, I tell your dad that you are the cutest thing ever another 5 times a day  I think you are pretty cute.

It is so cliché but I am so stinkin’ proud of every single thing that you do, Noah! It is the most amazing thing watching my precious son learn and grow and LAUGH. There is no better sound in the entire world than when you giggle and I can’t wait for the years of giggling and laughing that we have ahead!

Love you baby boy!

4 comments:

Mary said...

love the cute pics and am sad he's so big!!!!! can't wait to see y'all tomorrow!

Courtney Squillante said...

The pictures are so cute!!!! I can't believe he's already this old!!

JJB said...

OH MY GOSH! Cutest family picture ever! He is growing up- he's more handsome every day!

The Fletchers said...

I LOVED when yall came over and Noah sat in front of my mirror and talked to himself!! SO CUTE!!