Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 12, 2010

Code Brown

I was giving Noah a bath last night and everything was going completely normal. We had finished washing off and singing, Noah had gotten bored with his toys and moved onto just plain ole splashing. I was sitting beside the tub and was getting his towel down and arranged for the transfer from the tub to lap when I noticed the splashing had stopped and little buddy was very still. I thought, “Surely not!” He went back to splashing very quickly (I’m talking he stopped for maybe 3 seconds). Then it happened again, this time with a couple of grunts. It was then that I realized what was truly going on. NTB just looked up and smiled at me while I was saying, “No, No, NO!” I lifted him up and sure enough, we had a code brown on our hands. I yelled for Ben to come here and explained to him the situation. I sent him for a wipe while I got the culprit out of the tub. Ben brought the wipe and walked out of the bathroom very nonchalantly. Sneaky guy. Luckily, he married a sharp girl, so I asked him where he thought he was going leaving me to take care of the little stinker AND his mess? Think again, buddy. Since I was already in the process of getting Noah ready for bed, he had the pleasure of cleaning out the tub, which was quite entertaining with a lot of talk about “strategy.” When I also told him that he’ll need to actually clean the tub, not just rinse the offending “stuff” out, what does my smart, engineer-also-getting-his-MBA husband do? He grabbed the Head & Shoulders shampoo sitting there. It was like he had never cleaned anything in his life. The Scrubbing Bubbles might be a better choice, babe.


I just love these two boys.


7 comments:

Mary said...

HEAD AND SHOULDERS??? Oh Ben. I'm not quite sure that sanitizes. Hilarious. We've never had that happen but I'm always paranoid it will!

He is PRECIOUS!

The Fletchers said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I dont know if I would have handled this situation as well as you did - such a good Mom!!

I love the picture of your two guys - so sweet!!

:)

Courtney Squillante said...

hahahahah That is HYSTERICAL!!!

JJB said...

bahaha, I never knew Ben was so sneaky- or so resourceful with shampoo!

askow said...

Last night I made my Ben read this post because it sounded an awful lot like something he might have tried to get away with. Of course he assured me that would never happen. :) Glad you laid down the law.

susan said...

haha, gotta love having a cutie pie that has a good digestive system

Unknown said...

See! This is exactly why I needed to start keeping up with this blog. There are life lessons in here :)