Half a year old. Whoa, nelly!
Noah-
6 months just flew right on by and then before I knew it, you were 7 months old! Yikes! You will soon learn that your dear mom is not on top of a lot of things…like keeping your baby book up to date…or folding AND putting away laundry BUT you will ALWAYS be fed, clean and look cute! I like to think of it as prioritizing : )
6 months just flew right on by and then before I knew it, you were 7 months old! Yikes! You will soon learn that your dear mom is not on top of a lot of things…like keeping your baby book up to date…or folding AND putting away laundry BUT you will ALWAYS be fed, clean and look cute! I like to think of it as prioritizing : )
- You weighed 14lb 11oz (5-10%) and were 26in (25%)
- You found your feet and think it’s funny when I put your foot in your mouth
- You really started eating baby food. Your favorites right from the get-go were bananas and prunes. I fed you bananas pretty much every day for almost 2 weeks straight before I realized that bananas cause a clog in the “plumbing” and we quickly moved onto prunes. Luckily you LOVE prunes and the problem was fixed. I’m very sorry and I won’t ever feed you bananas twice a day for weeks on end.
- You started with baby food only once a day- about ¼ a banana mixed with cereal or ½ a container of stage one fruit- at dinner time. By the end of 6 months, you ate breakfast- cereal mixed with bananas or a little apple juice and water and then dinner of ½ a container of fruit or veggie.
- You ate 30-35 oz of formula a day before we went for your 6 month check-up and the doc said that was too much! Then we cut it back to about 25-30 oz a day.
- At 6 months, you were still getting 5 bottles a day, every 3 hours
- You got to try ice cream- not by the spoonful or anything, but we were at Marble Slab and poor thing would open your mouth and look at me with puppy dog eyes every time I took a bite and wore me down until I finally gave in. You were a fan!
- You started sitting up a little better on your own but would pretty quickly slump forward and assume the “tripod” pose where you held yourself up with your arms in front of you
- The day of your 6 month appointment you decided that sleeping at night was not for you and you began your worst month of sleep since you were a tiny baby. To be honest, there was at least one night when your dad was out of town and it was just you and I and I cried right along with you. I think this all revolved around teething, but you haven’t had any little teeth poke through yet.
- Your dad and I finally got desperate and decided to do a baby boot camp Memorial Day weekend where we let you cry and didn’t go in and give you a paci or pick you up or anything. It sorta worked. It took about one more week before it clicked and you became the best angel baby ever and slept completely through the night for 10+ hours. Thank you!!!
- You got in the pool for the first time and LOVED it! You splashed and splashed so much that your eyes would get red and you would be gasping for air, but have the biggest smile on your face.
- You wore 3-6 month clothes pretty much exclusively
I feel like besides eating more and getting bigger, 7 months was pretty low-key! Here’s what you were up to:
- You wore 3-6 month clothes pretty much exclusively
Now for 7 months!
I feel like besides eating more and getting bigger, 7 months was pretty low-key! Here’s what you were up to:
- I don’t know how much you weigh, but I would bet you are pushing 16lbs now
- You eat 3 meals a day. For breakfast you have a bottle and oatmeal mixed with fruit or juice (you’ve tried apple, pear and white grape now). For lunch you get ½ a container of a fruit and ½ a container of a veggie. For dinner you get ½ a container of a meat and veggie combo and ½ a container to a whole container of a fruit.
- You are past the stage one foods and on to the 2nd stage foods.
- Your favorite foods are: apples and chicken dinner, sweet potatoes and turkey dinner, any and all fruit (but you especially love anything mixed with blueberry), and little tiny bites of real banana. You are not a fan of veggies (shocker) but you tolerate them and manage to choke them down after you put on a show and pretend to gag on them. Seriously, you are a little dramatic about it.
- You get a bottle 4 times a day most days and every once in a while we squeeze in an extra for a total of about 28 oz a day.
- You have tried puffs and like them, but aren’t interested AT ALL in picking them up and feeding them to yourself. You would rather just hold the container and shake it.
- You LOVE LOVE LOVE looking at yourself in the mirror or pictures. In fact, I think it is your absolute favorite thing.
- You sit up in your bathtub without the hammock thing. I almost always give you your bath and one night daddy gave it to you and called me in there to see how cute you were and when I walked in you were sitting there like a big boy!
- You are getting more and more personality. When you are sitting in the tub and splashing, you will stop and look up at us and make sure we are watching you and when you see that we are, you smile so big and go back to splashing. Funny little show-off!
That’s all I can think of right now, but I’m sure I am forgetting something cute that you do! Your dad and I are just amazed at how much you are growing and how much cuter you get every single day! You are so fun and make being a mama look easy. I love you little boy.
- You are past the stage one foods and on to the 2nd stage foods.
- Your favorite foods are: apples and chicken dinner, sweet potatoes and turkey dinner, any and all fruit (but you especially love anything mixed with blueberry), and little tiny bites of real banana. You are not a fan of veggies (shocker) but you tolerate them and manage to choke them down after you put on a show and pretend to gag on them. Seriously, you are a little dramatic about it.
- You get a bottle 4 times a day most days and every once in a while we squeeze in an extra for a total of about 28 oz a day.
- You have tried puffs and like them, but aren’t interested AT ALL in picking them up and feeding them to yourself. You would rather just hold the container and shake it.
- You tried a little bit cupcake icing at your friend, Jack’s birthday party for the first time and liked it- surprise, surprise (I don’t think I’ll be winning mom of the year feeding my baby ice cream and icing!)
- You have discovered pulling straws out of drinks and really like doing that- you get so proud of yourself when you get it
- You LOVE LOVE LOVE looking at yourself in the mirror or pictures. In fact, I think it is your absolute favorite thing.
- You get super excited when I tell you we are going to take a bath and we walk into your bathroom. Your legs and arms just start going nuts!
- You sit up in your bathtub without the hammock thing. I almost always give you your bath and one night daddy gave it to you and called me in there to see how cute you were and when I walked in you were sitting there like a big boy!
- You are getting more and more personality. When you are sitting in the tub and splashing, you will stop and look up at us and make sure we are watching you and when you see that we are, you smile so big and go back to splashing. Funny little show-off!
That’s all I can think of right now, but I’m sure I am forgetting something cute that you do! Your dad and I are just amazed at how much you are growing and how much cuter you get every single day! You are so fun and make being a mama look easy. I love you little boy.










2 comments:
i want to cry!!! he has gotten so much bigger than the last time i saw him! CAN WE PLEASE GET TOGETHER ASAP?!?!?!?!?! please give him a kiss for me :)
Precious... love that little guy! Such a happy boy!
Post a Comment