Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Welcome to Aggieland, Noah B

We took a little family road trip up to the Motherland College Station a couple weekends ago to introduce Noah to his future school and take in a little Aggie baseball action. Seriously, every time we go to CS we leave talking about how we need to find a way to live there. Between the Aggie goodness, small town with no traffic and good friends we have there, it’s perfect! Plus, it puts us smack dab in the middle of Noah’s grandparents- equal distant to both families. Maybe one day…
 

We got in on Friday night and went to Jeremy, Stacey and Abby’s new digs. Their new house is beautiful, and they were perfect hosts. Abby is SO PRECIOUS. Just look at her. We gave Noah the green light to start putting the moves on her.


Holding hands already


Saturday we hit up all the bookstores in search of some Aggie gear for the family and diploma frames. Four and a half years out of college and we are FINALLY getting that done. We spent a somewhat ridiculous amount of money on A&M shirts (mostly fishing shirts now that I think about it- I think Ben ended up with 3? How that happened with me present- I don’t know.), hats and an adorable smocked bubble for the little guy. Truth be told, our original intent was to look for a hat for our little baldy but by the time it was all said and done, we figured it had been a couple years since we updated our Aggie wardrobe AND we have a new person to outfit- so it was worth it.

I mean, just LOOK at him. Sooo worth it.


There is a new ridiculously HUGE Aggie ring by the Association of Former Students.




We then trucked it over to Kyle Field. Unfortunately, the guy getting the tour fell asleep.


He wasn’t thrilled that we woke him up to take a picture with the 12th Man. We tried telling him that one day, when we show these pictures at his senior slide show, he’ll thank us. Except, I don’t really think that boys care about their senior slide show pictures.


After Kyle Field, it was time to head over to Olsen for the game. Our awesome parking pass that came with our awesome tickets ended up being completely worthless as we had to park MILES away on the other side of Reed. I’m not bitter or anything.


We finally made it to the game and guess who we saw?! Aunt Candace!


Once we made it to our seats we realized that they were halfway in the sun…not ideal for little baby skin. So, Noah charmed the usher and she moved us up a little bit to the shade. That was after a nice couple offered to switch seats with us so that NTB could be in the shade. I just love Aggies!

By the way, we decided that the guy pictured below right in the middle, is what Ben will look like in 20 or 30 years...same hair, only gray AND they were even wearing the same fishing shirt.  Ha!



Daddy and son in their hats.  Love it.



Must have been an intense play.


At this point, I think Noah was like "Really?!  More pictures?"  OH you have no idea, baby.



So happy to be at the Aggie baseball game on such a pretty day!
 

We decided to start our trek back to the car at the bottom of the 9th inning since it was getting close to feeding time (and we were out of bottles) while the Aggies were winning 5-3. By the time we made it to the car, the game was tied. We made it back to Jeremy and Stacey’s, packed up, fed Noah, and got on the road and the game was STILL going on. Obviously NTB was the Aggie’s good luck charm.

Oh I forgot to mention one thing. On our hike back to the car, we almost literally got run into by two guys running from the intramural football fields through the parking lot with a broom between their legs. Strange. So I looked over at the fields and there was a game going on that, at first glace, looked like rugby or football. I took a closer look and noticed that EVERYONE had a broom between their legs and they were running around chasing someone with a ball.




I finally put it together that it had to be some crazy Harry Potter fans playing whatever it is that they play in HP (I’m not a Harry Potter fan. Sorry, I just don’t get into that kind of thing) but I’m not sure what it’s called? Apparently it’s all the rage on campus these days. I just don’t know about running around with a broom between my legs.

 
I can’t end with that sentence so I’ll leave with this:

2 comments:

Mary said...

ah!! jake is so jealous of all noah's aggie gear!!! :) how precious. i really wish we could've gone. good thing there will be lots of next times.

and it's quidditch!!

The Fletchers said...

Sweet Noah has the prettiest blue eyes!!! He makes that Aggie stuff look pretty cute!! :)

Auntie D loves you little Noah!!!