Baby Noah!
You are 5 months old now. Holy moly. If I could make time stand still, I just might. You are such a smiley, happy, fun, cuddly little buddy. One day, when you are a big boy and grown up, I just know these are the days that I am going to look back on and think of as the best time in my life.

Here is what you are up to at 5 months, NTB:
-You are so close to sitting up by yourself. We took a short break of practicing it and then just the other day, we were in your room and I was getting a book off your bookcase so I set you down and you sat up for a couple seconds on your own!

- I'm positive you recognize your daddy and I (and have for a while) but now you smile big, get your legs and arms going and squeal when you see me for the first time when I pick you up from school. Makes this mama's heart just melt!
- You LOVE getting your diaper changed now- unless you are too hungry- then you cry. Otherwise, you are all smiles on the changing table!

- You recognize your bottle and start this sort of whimpering sound when you see it- makes me laugh every time! You still don't quite get that you have to spit your paci out in order to eat though, so if we wait too long to help you out you get mad and start crying.
- You are eating about 30-35 ounces a day of formula (6-7oz bottles, 5 times a day)
- You started eating rice cereal recently...and were not a fan. So, we took a week-long break and tried again. Still not a fan. Finally, after talking to some other moms I decided to mix in some mashed bananas and you love it! Well, love is a strong word. You at least eat it and act like you want more.

- The hardest part about eating for you is that you love your hands. They are always in your mouth! I pry them out of there to stick the spoon in and immediately you put your hands back in. All the food eventually gets back in your mouth, but it is so messy! You're a boy and things are going to get messy, so I just need to learn to deal with it and not worry about wiping your hands after every bite :)

- You are wearing almost exclusively 3-6 month clothes- I'd say about 90% of what you wear is 3-6. You still fit into one or two pairs of 0-3 pjs and a couple of church outfits that are 3 month size...although I get confused when the tag just says "3 months." Does that mean 0-3 or 3-6?? Whatever size you are in, you always look adorable!
- You finally moved up to a size 2 diaper
- I have no idea what size shoe you wear, but I do know that 0-3 month is too small and 3-6 month is still just a little big. You really only have a couple pairs of shoes anyway. I prefer barefeet now that the weather is warm!
- Tummy time is not dreaded time anymore. You will happily play on your tummy for a long time now. - Your favorite toys are: Laugh and Learn puppy, your bird friend that hangs on your carseat and vibrates when you pull it, and your soft elephant that makes a crackling noise.
- You love to read and look at books! Oh, that makes me SO SO SO happy! Your absolute favorite books are the Sesame Street shimmer books. They were only $1 each at Target and that was maybe the best $2 I have spent! They are what gets you through church service without going to the nursery...most of the time.
- You started going to Bible class with your friends at church and from what the teachers tell me, you love it and are a good boy for them

- You are very close to rolling over. I was so sure when I was taking this picture that this was the day you were going to do it...but you just got stuck in that position until I helped you.

- You have picked up some new vocal skills- you blow raspberries (what you are doing below- its really hit and miss still if you actually make any bubbles), squeal, and talk all the time- especially at bathtime and when I am lotioning you up

- I also feel like teeth are right around the corner for you. You are always feeling your gums with your tongue (like below) and drooling has definitely been kicked up a knotch

- Your skin is so much better than last month! As long as we are diligent about putting lotion on you and hydrocortisone on red spots, we have no issues. It's still pretty dry, but it is a million times better than what we went through last month.




2 comments:
This post just melted my heart!!! I wish I lived closer and could be a more involved Auntie D! I can not believe how big he is getting!!!!!
I love you guys so much!! BIG HUG!!!
noah,
STOP GROWING!
love,
aunt mary
Post a Comment