This is late…I know. Who knew working full time with a 5 (!) month old while my husband works on his MBA at night would get in the way of keeping up with documenting our life?!
We had such a wonderful Easter this year! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how Noah just makes every holiday, special occasion, and family time so much sweeter. Starting with Good Friday, we spent the morning at home as a family. I love mornings with my little family when we don’t have to rush to work and daycare. We always bring Noah into bed with us in hopes that he sleeps a little longer than the normal 6:30-6:45. Sometimes it works, sometimes he just lays with us and talks to the ceiling fan. Either way, it’s precious :)
Noah and I did some serious shopping that morning while Ben did yard work (what a man) and then we headed to San Antonio after lunch for the weekend. Noah slept most of the way to SA and when he wasn’t sleeping, he was the happiest little guy talking to his toys. He is turning into the best traveler! That night, everyone met at my parent’s house for dinner and we ate, passed Noah around and played Skip-Bo. Pretty much the perfect day in my opinion!
Saturday was b-u-s-y. It started out with Ben and I visiting my Uncle Ronnie, who is recovering from triple bypass surgery. It was so good to see him on the mend and acting like himself. It blows my mind what doctors can do (with God’s help, of course) to our bodies. After that, we went out to Terri and Phil’s new house since Ben hadn’t seen it yet and he got the grand tour. Seeing a new house makes me want a new one! They moved to a beautiful part of San Antonio- it’s all hills and scenic views. We ate lunch at Aldacos- amazing views AND delicious food! Noah loved it too- he was SO happy at lunch- even sitting in his car seat!
After that, Mom and Dad took Noah back home with them and I went to one of my favorite shopping places EVER with Terri and we both picked up some fabulous things. Ben went with Phil and the boys to Bass Pro- so I think it was win-win for everyone!
That night, Karen and Scott and the girls and Courtney joined the group for dinner at my parent’s. And then, Ben and I did something that we had not done since November 13, 2009. We went to the movies. It was just as I remember- the smell of popcorn, the teeny boppers hanging out in the lobby and overpriced tickets! We decided to go big or go home, so we got popcorn, Sour Patch Kids and a coke. Holy cow! Obviously that made a bigger impression on me than the movie because I can’t even remember what we saw. Maybe Matt Damon was in it?
Noah and I woke up Easter Sunday (we let Dad sleep in a little) and went to check out what the Easter Bunny left. He got a frog toy, 2 touch and feel books and a Little People CD for the car! He also got a jumperoo for Easter, but it did not make the trip to SA with us from Houston.
{Basically I am a horrible Mom. Not only did I not order an Easter basket in time for Easter for my baby, I also forgot to take pictures of his very first Easter morning. I realized this and had a late photo shoot with him and his lame Easter basket (the free one that came with his bear (Mr. Fluffy) from Build-a-Bear that his cousins gave him for Easter) when we got home. Sorry, Noah.}

I think he liked the Easter grass best!


After church and lunch, we decided to do a little photo-shoot with all the cousins…most of the pictures were of someone pulling hair, laughing uncontrollably, looking annoyed or giving us the stink-eye.
But we did get a couple good ones!


Best group shot we got (yes, I'm playing around with editing tools :) )

Grammar and Noah

We didn’t get to stick around for the egg hunt this year. We decided to start our trek back to Houston since it was already getting late and we would be pushing our “good” hours with Noah and it was nap time anyway. Funny how that careful planning ended up not mattering because we ran into a pile-up on I10 that shut down the highway for over an hour about half-way into our trip. FUN!
So, we got Noah out of his car seat, fed him, played with him…




2 comments:
umm i'm sorry but noah looks way too cute and way too grown up. what happened???? easter agrees with him :)
STOP GROWING UP NOAH!!!!!
OMG!!!
He is such a handsome little thing!! Please tell him to stop growing up until Auntie D can see him again!
LOVE!
Post a Comment