It's been busy around the Bayles' house lately...and I don't feel like writing out paragraphs...
- I am so ready to bid farewell to the cold and rainy weather...bring on the spring! Noah has such cute spring outfits- I am ready to see him wear them! Although, to be honest, I'm a little worried he won't fit into them quite yet because they are all 3-6 month and he still fits quite comfortably in most of his 0-3...oh well maybe he'll just have to go with the "baggy" look for a while!
- Work is going OK. I would say "good" but, honestly, what can be good about waking up at 5:30 to go to work everyday?!? Besides the paycheck ;). Everyone is super nice and understanding about me being a new mom and I'd say that the transition has actually been tons better than I expected it to be! The first day was rough, and the next couple of Mondays were not so good (at school and at home- he was g-r-u-m-p-y), but little buddy did GREAT yesterday and was so happy when I got home. So hopefully we are getting used to going to school after the weekend with mom and dad.
- I had my first run at being a single parent last week. Ben was out of town for work for a few days and it was just me and the little guy. Talk about hard work! Hats off to all the single parents out there! Again, my work was so nice and understanding about it, so it wasn't terrible, but still tricky getting everything done and getting to work at a decent hour!
- We took Noah on his longest road trip yet- to Ft. Worth this past weekend and he did fantastic! I was actually shocked with how well the car ride went. We did learn the value of keeping him on his schedule and not messing with his bedtime...
- Speaking of bedtime, little buddy has decided to start screaming before bed. We used to have the best routine...bottle, bath, book, rocking for just a minute and then he was asleep. It was so calm and peaceful and sweet. Since this past Friday night, I can't even get the book read because he is screaming so much. So I've started just putting him in his crib and let him cry it out. Luckily he doesn't last very long so it hasn't been that hard on me, but I miss our bedtime cuddling so much.
- We have suffered through the Great Rash of 2010 with Noah and survived. It only took 2 trips to the doctor, a phone call from his school saying that his face was "oozing clear liquid" and a pretty intense cleansing/lotion/medicine routine, but we are definitely on the mend! This really deserves some before and after pics, but I'm not at home...so stay tuned for those fun pictures!
- We have such a fun couple of weeks planned ahead to kick off spring! This weekend we are going to the rodeo (thanks, Robertsons!), next week mom and Karen and the little girls are coming for their Spring Break to hang out with Noah and I'm going to take a day or two off too, the next weekend we are going to enjoy some Aggie baseball and we will officially begin brainwashing Noah on becoming an Aggie (kidding...sort of...), and then after that it's not too long until EASTER!
- I am looking forward to Easter almost more than Christmas. Almost more. I love Easter and spring so much and have been excited about Noah's first Easter for a long time. I'm on the hunt for the perfect Easter outfit for him and can't wait to take a picture of him in his Easter basket. Which reminds me, I need to order it.
Sorry, no pictures in this post...check back later. We have some cute ones of him from the last few weeks and if I can figure out how to get a video on here without it taking 14 years to upload, I'll post Noah and I having a "conversation"- his newest trick!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
I Heart Spring

Posted by
Paula
at
9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
pictures, pictures, pictures!!!! jake can't wait to play again soon!
Post a Comment