How in the world is my baby boy 3 months old already?? It's so bittersweet seeing your baby grow up. On the one hand, he is growing and getting to be so much more interactive and fun. On the other hand, he is growing and not my super tiny baby anymore. I can't believe how fast time is flying. Everyone warned me that would happen. Turns out everyone was right.
I start work tomorrow. I'm sad and dreading it. I know it's what is best for him and our family right now, but I can't help being sad about it. I think maternity leave in the US should be 6 months minimum. I've already had moments of tears, so I can't imagine what tomorrow and the rest of the week will be like. Luckily, Ben is doing drop-off duty because I don't think I would let Noah out of my death grip at his school. Anyway, I want this to be a happy post about how big and cute Noah is at 3 months, not a downer post about me going back to work, so I'll save the rest of my thoughts for now...
Noah, at 3 months you are:
- SO FUN! You smile and coo and kick your legs
- Fascinated with your hands and have learned to put them in your mouth and chew
- Grab your toys and sometimes they make it to your mouth too- it's tricky coordinating all that!
- We can see the wheels just turning in your little head all the time- you are learning and it is so neat to watch
- Wear 0-3 month clothes...I think we will be in these for a while for the most part, but certain brands you are starting to get too long for
- Wear Size 1 diaper
- Eat every 3 hours during the day, anywhere from 3-5 ounces at a time
- Take at least 4 naps a day, averaging about an hour to hour and a half long each. You just cat nap in the evening until bath and bedtime
- Go to bed around 8:30-9pm, dreamfeed at 10 or 10:30, then sleep until 6-7. You still fuss in the middle of the night and need your paci put back in, but we aren't waking up to eat anymore!
- Need to be swaddled to sleep- tight. You are an escape artist, so we have to put you in a straight-jacket like contraption to keep you in!
- Like bathtime- you aren't splashing and kicking yet in the tub, but you smile and are relaxed
- Do NOT like it when I lotion up your head
- Have had your first cold, which lasted 2 weeks
- Went on your first plane ride to Lubbock to visit family
- Get cuter and cuter everyday!
*in a fit sometime in the middle of the night, houdini busted out of his swaddle and scratched his face all up, which is why he has cuts all over him. We trimmed his nails the next morning.
We love our baby Noah so much! He is such a joy and I consider myself lucky to be his mama :)


2 comments:
noah, stop growing!!! he is SO BIG and cute...can't wait to see him this weekend. i will be praying for you tomorrow...maybe a good idea ben is dropping him off. but you will definitely survive. jake was a test...he still remembers me, so noah will definitely know who you are still! :) love you!!!!!!!!!
He's getting so big and so cute!! How did work go? I'm praying you have an easy transition!
Post a Comment