Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 19, 2010

4 Months

Noah-

4 months! Agh! Time is just FLYING. There were times this month that I literally thought I could burst with happiness. Sometimes I cannot get over how blessed my life is. You are perfect. There were nights that I would just lay in bed and stare at you on your monitor and thank God for your precious life. One year ago, I wanted to be pregnant SO bad and it wasn’t happening. 7 months of negative test results had taken its toll on me and I was feeling sorry for myself. But I want you to know that I was hopeful. I prayed and prayed for you and I knew that God would not let me down and that He had not forgotten about me. I hope and pray that you grow up to be someone that praises God even when you aren’t given exactly what you want, when you want it. It’s hard to do, but I guess I really have YOU to thank for teaching me to do it!


We have had a fun and busy 4th month! Here is what you have been up to:

- You started going to school since I went back to work. Your first day was a little tough- you had a “nervous” tummy…we’ll leave it at that. Bless your little heart.
- Mondays are not usually your best day. I think coming off of the weekend with Mom and Dad gets you all confused. You normally don’t cry before bed, but on Mondays you always do!

- You started sleeping like a big boy in your crib in your own room- when I started work, I decided that having you in the room was keeping both of us from getting a good night’s rest. You made the transition without a problem! Such a good boy.

- You sleep from about 8:30-6:30-7 on the weekdays and 8:30-7:30-8 on the weekends. We have to wake you up during the week (which I hate!) so that Dad can get you to school and he can get to work and on the weekend you usually get to spend about an hour in bed with Mom and Dad…you love sleeping in between us!



- We are still getting up in the middle of the night a couple of times because you bust out of your swaddle and wake yourself up. We’d like to not have to do that ;) In your defense, you go right back to sleep after you are re-swaddled.


- School can’t seem to be consistent with your naps- (grrr) but when you are home you take 3, sometimes 4 naps a day. For you to be the happiest, you need about 4-5 hours of sleep during the day, so however that gets broken up between the naps is what you end up with.

- You still eat every 3 hours during the day and have about 20-25 ounces total for the day- almost always it ends up being about 24 ounces.

- You are on formula only now. You made the transition without a hitch (again, such a good boy), but, surprisingly, I had a harder time letting go of nursing than I thought I would. It’s been 3 weeks now and I still miss it sometimes. Weird!

- The doctor said we can try rice cereal if we want to, but it wasn’t necessary. In fact, he suggested waiting a month or two since you were doing so well on your current schedule. So, we’ll wait. Maybe next month!

- You are still not rolling over…we practice and some days I think you are so close to doing it on your own and then others you just lay there and stare at me. We’re told not to worry and that you will eventually get it…so we’ll wait on this too.


- You made your first trip to the doctor for a non-well check visit. We like to call it the Great Rash of 2010. Although, I am pretty sure it’s eczema and here to stay. It got pretty ugly for a week or so and you had to get some medicine for it. Now, we have a routine for your skin to help out with the itching and dryness. For your bath, we use Aveeno baby wash (not shampoo so there is no soap in it), then I put on some Hydrocortisone 1% on spots that are really red, then cover you in Cerave cream. In the morning or sometime the next day, I usually put more cream or lotion on you because your skin is so dry. I miss your soft baby skin.




You are not a fan of the rash either. Day One



We decided to go to the Doctor.

All better!!


- You made your first trip to Ft.Worth to visit Grammy, Grandpa Jim, Micah, Chad and Candace! You did SO GOOD in the car. I was shocked.


- You went to the Houston Rodeo! Only problem was, you hated it. You screamed more in that night than I think you ever have in your entire life. It all started when the man taking our tickets smiled and talked to you. The lip went out and tears came down. It was all downhill from there. That was the first time you ever showed any displeasure over a stranger talking to you. Luckily, Miss Jeannine put up with the screaming and was sweet enough to pace the hallways and lobby with you!

This about sums up how he felt about the rodeo this year

At least you looked cute!


- Finally, you got your own version of Spring Break 2010!! Grammar, Aunt Karen, and your cousins, Hallie and Emmie came to stay with us! They watched you during the day and took you to the Aquarium and played with you- so fun! Unfortunately, we have no pictures of this.

- Spring Break 2010 also took you down…you had your first little stomach bug this week. After some unfortunate events at Wednesday night church, we decided to call the nurse line and get you some pedialyte. Luckily you love that stuff! You never really missed a beat- you still smiled and cooed and acted normal. It only took about 24 hours and you were recovered. Whew!

See? You were a busy, busy boy this month! And I’m sure I’ve left some things out. You just get better and better each month and I can’t wait to see more of your little personality come out. I LOVE spending time with you and can’t wait to see you in the evening when I get off work. You are so fun! Love you bunches and bunches sweet boy…

2 comments:

Mary said...

what a sweet post! i love the pictures...he's too cute in the cowboy hat!!

JJB said...

Sounds like a wonderful fourth month! I loved his rodeo get up! :)