For most of Noah's 3rd and 4th week, we were on our own! The week started with doctor's appointments (side note- we had a doctor's appointment every single week for the first 5 weeks of Noah's life! Needless to say, I got tired of going to doctor's offices and practically bathed in antibacterial hand gel), which we had to go to all by ourselves, without even Ben going with us. Let me just say that it's a lot of work getting a baby out the door and being on time to appointments, especially since I prefer morning appointments. Everything takes twice as long to do, plus you have to take practically everything but the kitchen sink with you- spare clothes, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, extra bottle in case there is an emergancy, blankets, stroller, etc. I'm sure all you moms out there are just shaking your head and laughing since this is not some new revelation, but it was new to me!
Noah's love affair with the Christmas tree began in these 2 weeks. This baby LOVED the lights on the tree. He could be screaming and we would stick him in front of the tree and his eyes would just get big and he would stare. Ben joked that we would have to keep up our "holiday" tree year round. Which we practically did since it just went in the attic this past Sunday...
"Oh Christmas Tree"
Since we didn't have people around to hold little Noah 24/7, I started napping him in his crib. He did so well at first, but with visitors and the holidays, we kind of got out of the habit. He's finally getting better about sleeping here again. He still hasn't slept a night in his crib (more because of me than him I think...), but he'll take a nap here again at least!
My little baby doll sleeping soundly
We also started playing on our activity mat! I think at this point, he would only lay there playing, even with someone right by him, for about 10-15 minutes. He just preferred (and still does) to be held :)
Kick, kick, kicking! Please note the cute elephant outfit that was on loan from baby Jake because we didn't have quite enough newborn clothes of our own!
Zero months old! I was a little late in taking this for Auntie D, but I had to teach him how to make the "0" with his hands, first!
We started some tummy time...which little buddy does not like. Does anyone's baby like tummy time?
Noah and I also ventured out on our own for a little outing besides the doctor for the first time. We went to Babies R Us (where else??) and took Ben a Sonic drink at work. We ended up taking him into Ben's work to show him off because that new Daddy just couldn't resist!
There are times that I just melt because he looks so cute. This is one of those times.
Apparently everyone was worn out because there was a lot of this going on:
With the cord gone, we were able to take a bath in the tub- so much easier and less stressful!!
I wish I had a picture to show, but Noah also got another Holter monitor put on. It.was.ridiculous. We had to have it put on at a different hospital because they were out of them at the one by his cardiologist (still Dr. G- we love her!) and I'm not sure the tech putting it on him had ever put one on a baby before. Poor little buddy looked like a mummy when that guy was through with him he had so much tape on him. His entire torso was covered in strips of white tape. It's a good thing I have such a good baby that didn't scream because it took some serious patience to let that whack job put all that on him.
I'm sure most new moms experience this, but I seriously felt like a milk maid the first few weeks of Noah's life. It seemed like the only time I held him was when he needed to be fed! Of course, I was (and still am!) happy to share him.
A rare moment with me holding Noah while not feeding him :)
I remember each week just getting better and better with him. I don't know that it ever gets any "easier" but, by that fourth week, it was definitely getting more routine and settled. And I don't know how, but we just fall more and more in love with him each day!


3 comments:
I'm in love... So in love!!!
whoa, great job!! jake appreciates the shout out! :)
p.s. THROW AWAY THE CORD - SICK!!!
p.p.s. can't wait to see y'all tomorrow!
He is so sweet!
And I agree with Mary.
Post a Comment