Since I have done such a horrible job documenting my child's life so far, I have made it my resolution to catch up and keep up! I want to remember what these first couple months were like, so I'm taking a trip down this short memory lane...
Sweet Noah, here is what we were up to the first two weeks of your life...
First and most importantly, we celebrated your birthday!! November 16th, we woke up and headed to the hospital for an amniocentisis to make sure your lungs were developed enough for you to be born with as few complications as possible since this was about 3 weeks before you were actually due. The amnio went just fine, no pain at all for mommy, and just a couple hours after the test we were told we were going to meet you that afternoon!
My last picture with Noah in my tummy EVER- we were waiting on the amnio results
Noah was born at 2:19pm and was as cute as can be, even covered in gunk! I loved getting to meet you for the first time. Daddy got to hold you and brought you over to me. You were crying a little and when he put you near my head and I started talking to you, you calmed down immediately. So sweet. You went to the NICU for a little while so that all the doctors could check you out and they could do some heart tests on you. Miracles happened that Monday, baby boy, because, after just a few hours in the NICU, and several good reports, you came down to the nursery on my floor! And then, later that evening, you came to my room and I got to hold you for the first time! You even spent most of the night in my room because Daddy and I just didn't want to let you go! So many people prayed for your health and God certainly answered those prayers. We are so grateful.We spent the whole week in the hospital together. You had to pass some more tests before they would let you come home, which you did with flying colors! What you looked like with the Holter monitor on- it monitored your heart for 24 hours and let the doctors know everything that was going on and if it was beating fast or regular. It made it a little tricky to change your tiny little diapers and you had to wear the boring hospital shirts, but of course, we did whatever it took to make sure your heart was nice and strong!

You got to come home when I did on Friday! Sorry your hat looks funny in the car seat- it didn't want to stay on...

You had your first bath at home on Saturday night. It was in what I like to call "Spa Grammar." Grammar would turn the shower on all the way hot and get the bathroom really warm and steamy, she set all your towels out for you, got the water in the sink to the right temperature, got the washcloth all soapy, and then coached me through the first bath. I was so nervous! Something about a slippery, teeny tiny baby really made me want to have a heart attack. In fact, I didn't really get over the nervousness of giving you a bath for quite a while. I wanted to give you a bath every couple days, but Grammar made me feel guilty and asked me how I felt if I didn't get a bath every day. She really knows how to get me. It just took some time to get the hang of it and you do get a bath every day :)
Noah was not a fan of his first bath at home- look at that scream! Ohmygosh and look at that tiny little newborn body- I may or may not be tearing up as I write this...

You had soooo many visitors the first two weeks! You and I were lucky enough to have your Aunt Karen and Grammar and Papa stay with us that first weekend. I'm not sure what I would have done without their help. Then the whole 2nd week, Grammar, Aunt Terri, Adam and Jackson were here!
Grammar and her buddy boy

Papa and tiny baby Noah

Aunt Karen

Aunt Micah and your soon-to-be Uncle Chad came for a day!

Your cousin Jackson- I'm sure he'll teach you lots one day :)

Your girl cousins- Hallie and Emmie (typical boy- Jack is watching TV)

College Station visitors- Ashley and Ben- doesn't he look good holding a baby?? So natural...

You also got to meet your dogs for the first time! Unfortunately, they weren't all that interested in you...give it a year or so.
Georgia thought there were treats involved and was more interested in my hands than looking at the baby
And this just speaks for iteslf.
On your first Thanksgiving, we watched the Aggies play! For a while we really thought you were the Aggies good luck charm and what we have been waiting for all season...we were wrong. But you looked cute in your hat!
Your first two weeks sure were busy! There were some hard times with lots of crying for both me and you and some special moments, but I think that three words best sum them up: God is good. The first 2 weeks were complete evidence of that. He has done wonderful things in your life so far, Noah, and I know with all my heart he has more great things planned for you.
Up next: Weeks 3 and 4: We're on our own!
5 comments:
wonderful post! so proud of you and so proud of noah!! :) keep it up!
i hope aunt mary makes the blog...
I read this post twice!!! I can't wait to meet mr. Noah!!!!! Thanks for sharing his story on ur blog... It's a story of answered prayers!!
I love you, Noah and that hubby of urs LOTS!!!!
i hopped over from mary's blog. i am sorry i didn't get to say hi to you when you were at church a couple of weeks ago, but you looked great and noah was adorable! and those professional pictures in the post below this one were AMAZING!!
Yay for updates! God is good and I can't wait to hear more about Noah's first couple of months!
Thanks for the updates! And we made the blog!! Ben was such a natural. :)
Post a Comment