Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I got nothing

There really isn't much going on with the Bayles' lately. It's been a fast week, but nothing besides the ordinary work, eat, school (for Ben), sleep, repeat. Ben is at softball tonight and I don't want to watch our TV shows without him, so here I am :)


And here are just some random thoughts from me (contain your excitement!).

-We will most definitely NOT be getting photoshop unless someone wants to give us a free copy or a 95% discount. I am so naive and thought that it was about $50-100. HA. My sweet photographer friend, Dabney, sent me a nice email telling me that it might be a bit much for my needs and it's a little pricey. Uhh, a little? So now I am looking into just using the software that came with the new camera or some free internet editing software.


-What is up with the pirates these days? Is it just me or does everyone else not remember them being a big deal until recently? I am so confused because I just don't get how if they are in tiny little speed boats they are taking over huge tankers and US Navy ships. And it probably doesn't help that I keep picturing the pirates all looking like Jack Sparrow.

-Also in the news this week...have there always been tea parties on Tax Day?? You would think as a tax accountant I would have known more about this. Obviously I remember the Boston Tea Party and what it stood for, but I don't recall hearing about tea parties like I did this year. Maybe I am just paying more attention to the news these days and that's why I am just now hearing about pirates and tea parties.

-We got our kitchen measured today because we are getting granite put in! YAY! We've only been talking about if for 2.5 years now. I am so excited! Hopefully we will get it cut this next week and installed the next weekend. I am also super excited because with the new countertops comes a new sink! Not a big deal you say? Well then you have never seen my sink. Ick is all I have to say about it- it's 10 years old and overdue for a replacement. Don't worry, I will post before and afters once the project is finished.

-I love San Antonio

-My nephew turned 16 years old this past weekend. It makes me feel so old. He was the first baby in our family and he was born at the perfect time for me- he was like a real-live baby doll to me. I would play church with him (yes I was 10 and still played church from time to time) and of course he would cry and I would have to take him out- after communion of course. Such good memories of when he was a baby. And now, look at him!
Terri (his mom and my sister), my Dad and Adam, the big 16 year old
-Since we were there for Adam's birthday, we went ahead and did an egg hunt the day before Easter for the little kids.
And they're off! Hallie and Jack



Sweet little Emmie was too cute hunting eggs...she did pretty good...

Until the Cub Cadet became just too tempting to resist- and I can't blame her! It looked like fun and just look at that big grin on her face! She was in heaven driving around!

-That's all I have. Told you we were boring this week.

4 comments:

Mary said...

hey, this reminds me...a guy at seth's work is supposed to be getting us photoshop for free. he's working on our old laptop and was going to install it and give us another copy...i'll let you know if that happens!!

Lauren said...

Good grief!! Adam doesn't even look like the same kid! 16????? What the heck??!!

JJB said...

This post made me smile :) I love your recap of recent events, and I cannot wait to see how your granite countertops turn out- how exiting!

PS tell me more about your photography interests! I'm getting into it myself, and I'm dying to take classes!

Jaime said...

Hey Paula-
I have photoshop (because we got it for free) and I can't figure out how to use the silly thing. I need to take a class or get a book or something. So a more realistic thing for me is piknic.com. It has a lot of cool features and it is free. Good luck with all the photo editing. And I cannot believe Adam is already 16 either.