A long, long time ago, I said I was going to do a Before and After series on here to showcase all the work that we (Ben) has done to our house. I apologize to those of you that were looking forward to seeing all of my hubby's handiwork and week after week were disappointed that I instead chose to talk about things like pirates and American Idol. Well, wait no more! I am turning over a new leaf and have decided it's time to pick this back up.

This is right after we moved in, so please dont't judge the cleanliness and junk...we were still unpacking

Apparently it was pretty simple to make, but Ben says that about pretty much everything, so I don't know if he's telling the truth or just being humble :) Either way, I love it and it really adds a lot to the room. Since it's one of the first things you see when you walk in our house, we needed to make a good impression and it defintitely helps! I am constantly changing and second-guessing what I put ON the mantle, and I think it needs some more color or something else, but that is as good as it gets for now. The mantles in our house have become my decorating Mount Everest, so stay tuned.
The other side of the fireplace in our family room really deserves its own post, so I'll save that for another day :)


3 comments:
BEAUTIFUL! Ben should start giving home renovation classes!
I LOVE your mantle. You are lucky to have such a handy husband!
That looks really really good! Ben is very talented!!
Post a Comment