From just about the time I could hold a baby doll in my arms, I have wanted a baby. My baby dolls were by far my most prized possessions as a child and they went EVERYWHERE with me. I took them to church, to my grandparents houses, in the car, and they even went to celebrate Christmas with me at whatever family member's house it happened to be at. I had Cabbage Patch kids, no-name brands, babies that blinked at me, babies that wet their pants, and even a set of twins. I rocked them, patted them, fed them, changed their "diapers", cuddled them and put them to sleep at night. When there wasn't a baby doll handy for me to play with, I even went so far as to carry around a sack of potatoes (ummm, they were a good baby weight and size, and I had an active imagination...), which probably makes me sound loony, but it shows the extremes I went to :). I dreamt of the day that I would have my own real, live baby to love and carry around.
God has truly answered prayers and is blessing Ben and I with our very own baby! We are thrilled and excited and scared and elated and nervous all at the same time! It's still a little surreal to me that I AM HAVING A BABY.
Baby Bayles at 6 weeks, 4 Days
Heartrate: 143 bpm
Heartrate: 143 bpm
The little Bayles has been very kind to it's dear Mom so far. I have been exhausted and pretty worthless around the house for the past couple months, but I have avoided the thing that I feared the most: vomiting. So, thank you Baby! I feel icky every now and then, but for the most part, I can't complain.
As for my official "stats" I am 11 weeks pregnant and due December 4th. I've been to the doctor a few times now and have had one ultrasound (see above) and heard the heart beat on the doppler once. In fact, we heard 170 bpm on the doppler just this last week! As our nurse said, we have an active one in there! This child definitely gets that from Benjamin and not me :)
Oh, and other things I have been asked. YES we will find out what we're having. I am a planner by nature and have specific nursery ideas for each gender! I'm thinking that the beginning of July will be when we get to see what we're having, assuming baby cooperates. Also, yes, I am planning on working after the baby is born. It's just not time for me to be a stay at home mom yet. I can't think of any other questions people have been asking, so if you have one, just ask!
Thanks to everyone that was praying for this little one even before we knew about it and to everyone that keeps us in their prayers until we see baby face to face! We appreciate it more than you know.


13 comments:
Yay for Baby Bayles!! We are all so excited for you guys - I've been telling Jack all weekend about his new friend that will be here in December :) Love you both (well I guess you all b/c there are definitely 3 now instead of 2!!) and prayers of joy, health and safety are being sent up :)
Yeah Yeah Yeah! I can't wait to meet little chiclet bayles! :)
Congratulations, what a joy and a blessing! We look forward to watching you grow and meeting your sweet baby in a few months! :) We love you, and we cannot wait to see you raise baby Bayles in Christ- he is going to have such Godly, wonderful parents! :) We are praying for you three!
so blessed... :)
so excited and can't wait! i'm glad you've practiced plenty on baby dolls because i hated them. oops. i might need some of your diaper changing skills...
Yay!!!!!! I'm so happy for y'all!
aww congrats Paula! I'm so excited for you!
i could not be more excited for you guys!!
:)
Congratulations Ben and Paula!!! So excited and happy for you guys!!
Congratulations! You will both be wonderful parents! So excited for you guys and this precious little one!
I am so excited for you and Ben! Congrats!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys!
Yay! So far there are 7 new babies in our lives this year and we can't wait to meet yours! Still praying for you guys and hoping you stay comfortable :)
Yeah for the baby ticker - now I wont forget baby bayles bday!! jk! :)
love you!
Post a Comment