Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessed Be Your Name

This past weekend while Ben and I were in College Station we went back to our old church, A&M COC. We love that church. It holds so many great memories for the both of us, and we met there, so of course it's a special place for us! Anyway, that's beside the point. The real reason I bring it up is because we sang "Blessed Be Your Name" in worship. I know it's not a new song, but I had only heard the Matt Redman version and never sang it in church before. I loved singing it and had it in my head all day long. It's one of those songs that just gets me, if that makes sense. We LOVE our church now (Memorial COC) and are so blessed for finding such a great family. Our young marrieds class is awesome and if you live in Houston and are newly married, you should definitely give us a shot! BUT I do wish that we sang a few more contemporary songs in our worship every now and then. Don't get me wrong, I love me some old school hymns, but I also miss singing the more upbeat and new songs that are out there.

I love this song and wanted to share with anyone who may not have heard it before. It's such a great reminder that no matter what- in happiness or sorrow- we should praise God because He is always there by our side.


2 comments:

Courtney Robertson said...

First off - LOVE the new header (is that the right word?)... it is so cute!! Secondly - ditto about the songs at church... I totally hear you. I love Blessed Be your Name too - it was stuck in my head all day after I heard it on KSBJ!! Missed you guys last week - I feel like we haven't seen/talked/hung out in forever!!

Andrea said...

I love that song too! Our church in Georgia was a nondenominational one and we sang all contemporary songs, which I loved. The church here in Kansas is more like what we are used to, but I do miss the singing from the other one!