This marks my first FULL day off of work in well, a while. OH JOY!!! My only problem thus far with today has been motivation. There is so much that needs to get done at the house (we have been using the bathtub as a giant dirty clothes basket, I'm embarassed to say), but I don't want to do any of it. I told Ben that I wanted to do something crafty today instead and I've made it as far as getting out the supplies to do something. Then I needed a break. So here I am with a fabulous list of randomness. I got tagged to do the 25 things one on Facebook, but since I don't actually use facebook for anything other than being nosy, I'll do it here :)
1. I love Panera Bread. They can do no wrong in my eyes. If you have never had their cinnamon bagel with honey almond cream cheese, you are missing out. And if you like Greek salads, theirs is awesome. Seriously, I could eat it everyday and LOVE IT.
2. Valentine's day is right around the corner. Do you decorate for it?? And do you celebrate it? We are getting each other presents this year, but I think it's mostly because there is very specific stuff that we want at the moment. So it's more of a way to justify spending the money right now. I know we went to dinner last year (mostly because of the gift card) but I don't recall presents being involved...
3. I have an obsession with Mossimo tissue tees from Target. I have 5 of them. I didn't buy them all at once, but it seems like I pick one up every time I go to Target. White, black, grey, brown, and pink. I highly doubt you could stop at just one either if you tried them on. Good thing they are only $8.99.
4. I also have an obsession with the suede mocassins from Old Navy. I have 3 pairs of them. Does anyone else buy in bulk when they find something they like??
5. This is quite possibly my favorite season of the Bachelor. Jillian and Melissa are my faves and I am so glad psycho Shannon is gone. She really crossed the line this week with the boogers and snot. Blech.
6. I finally broke down and did a load of laundry just now because I kept getting whiffs of my shirt (it's clean, don't worry) and it smells like fabric softener. Which apparently gets me in the mood to do laundry!
7. Speaking of laundry, I am a very high maintence laundry person. I have to use Tide detergent, Downy fabric softener (the blue one), Clorox 2 and then Downy dryer sheets. I have been this way about laundry for as long as I can remember. Even in college when everyone else just used Purex because it was cheap. My mom set such high standards with her laundry- it smelt soooo good and was sooo soft so I guess I have her to thank for my crazy laundry obsession.
8. I've made it to 8 and so far two of my facts are about laundry...this is not a good sign!
9. We're going on vacation at the end of February to go skiing and I am so excited!!
10. I don't ski. Ben tried to teach me once and it ended horribly, with tears, falling down a mountain and a fight.
11. I also don't really care for the cold, but there is something so charming thinking about being in the mountains with a fire going that makes it ok, don't you think?
12. If the winter months didn't have my birthday, Christmas and our anniversary in it, they would truly be awful months in my opinion.
13. I think that wet-dog is one of the worst smells in the world, which makes no sense because if they just got a bath, they should smell GOOD.
14. Ben and I have had our baby names picked out for years.
15. Ben gets really irritated when I tell people them. I don't do it very often, but if you're our good friend, chances are you know what they are. I see his point in keeping it a secret, but if the topic comes up, I have a hard time being coy about it. I try though!
16. My absolute favorite ice cream is Baskin Robbins peppermint ice cream. Problem is, it's only sold in the winter.
17 Second favorite is Baskin Robbins pink bubblegum. Luckily it's only sold in the summer, so it helps ease the trouble of there not being any peppermint ice cream available.
18. I got highlights a few weeks ago and almost cried right there in the chair when my stylist took the towel off my head. Let's just say she had to come back in with some toner to make me look less like a skunk.
19. I'm not at all risky with my hair which is why I rarely do things like the above.
20. I really like "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. Don't judge.
21. I have a gift certificate to go to the Houstonian, but I don't want to use it up! I want it to last forever :)
22. I love Luby's cafeteria and I order the exact same thing every time I go: Luann fried fish with green beans and macaroni and cheese.
23. I eat the above meal in this exact order: green beans, fish, macaroni. And I never go out of order, unless it's to eat a bite of macaroni to try it.
24. I really like food- 5 of my 25 things are about it...
25. I am soooo excited that January is over!! I think it's going to be a GREAT year :)
Mary, Dabney and Susan- you're up!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Random

Posted by
Paula
at
4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
bubble gum ice cream? how didn't i know this?? and i'll save my comments on panera bread. they are just "ok" in my eyes. but yes, your laundry does, and has ALWAYS smelt so very fabulous. i am jealous of that!!
i'm glad to know you have carried on the Kita amazing smelling laundry tradition. i really like that about you.
Post a Comment