Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm alive!

Yes, the Bayles' are alive and well! It's just that the one Bayles family member that updates this thing has been working a LOT. And by "a lot" I mean A LOT. But rather than bore everyone to tears with what my job consists of and make everyone feel soooo sorry for me working so much, I'll just say this: I am so greatful that I have a job. I'm serious. So many people have lost their job lately that it just makes me feel blessed. Yes, the hours may really stink this time of year, and I may cry on more than one occasion at work out of frustration and exhaustion, but I really am greatful that I have a job to wake up to. That's all I have to say about that for now. I am hopefully in the home stretch now and life will get back to normal pretty quickly here. Luckily, in my absence at home, Ben has managed to find a couple of girls to replace me and cuddle with. This is what I came home to more than one night this past week:



Good thing I'm not the jealous type.

I did manage to sneak away for a quick trip to DFW to be in one of my old college roommate's wedding January 17th. Laura and I met the summer of 2001 at SOAR, a retreat with Aggies For Christ. I went to A&M without any of my close girl friends (I was friends with a couple of boys from my church) and was so nervous about meeting new people and finding a fit. God put us in the same group at the retreat and the rest is history. Without her, I'm not so sure I would have stayed at A&M. We got each other through the "homesick" stage of that first freshman semester and some of my absolute best memories were made with this girl.



My absolute favorite part of the wedding was the wedding singer/DJ. What a hoot! He would play a few songs, then break out the guitar and sing a few songs, then play a few more etc. He also took requests, and the one song that he said he had more requests for the entire night was "Superman." So he played it. And it totally dated the crowd there because the only person there that actually knew the entire dance was one kid. One word sums up his performance: AWESOME. After he was done, I turned to Ben and told him that I hope to have a son just like that. He was a total ham and I loved it!


So here is a video of the little man doing his thing. It's kind of long, but you get the gist after the first few seconds. Laura tried to keep up with him and gave up, then her brother and a bridesmaid tried, but I think everyone will agree that they don't hold a candle to the kid. Enjoy!

As a side note- January 17th was a GREAT day for a wedding- it was the day that my parents got married. 40 YEARS AGO. Amazing!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

agh - unfortunately the video is not working for me but it already puts me in a better mood thinking of how funny it COULD be. glad things are slowing down. poor dixie & georgia really missed you i bet! let's get together SOON?!

JJB said...

Hang in there! :) And when you need to, go ahead and cry- I know it helps me!

The Fletchers said...

I love that video!!! SO FUN!!

Glad things are slowing down... I sure miss our chi chi emails during the day!!!

I love you!