Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Whew, are we tired! This past weekend my whole family came to visit us in Houston- Mom, Dad, Terri, Phil, Adam, Jackson, Karen, Scott, Hallie, Emmie and Courtney. Yep, if you counted, that's 11 guests. 13 total people in the house with me and Ben. We were packed in like sardines, with someone in literally every room, but it was lots of fun and there was LOTS of love in the house :)

Everyone got here on Thursday night so we hit the ground running Friday! There was shopping, trips to the pool, the Houston Zoo, the gun range, watching fireworks in our neighborhood (till the wee hours of the morning...all weekend long, no less) good food and lots of cards and game playing! We started the tradition of playing Loaded Questions last year, so we play every year to see if we know each other any better- I think maybe we know each other too well after this year...let's just say it was revealed that one of the guys wore a very masculine pair of underwear with green flowers on them...

Yeah. T.M.I.

All in all, it was a great weekend! A little tiring for those of us not used to having 2, 3 and 4 year olds running around the house- Ben and I took a looong nap Sunday afternoon! But it was so good to have my family all here this weekend- I miss them and seeing them. Yes, it's crazy and loud, but I love them all! Here are some pics...unfortunately I don't have all of them- just the ones from pool and gun range- all the others are on Karen's camera. If you're not in my family you might not enjoy these...


Phil, Scott and Adam getting ready to shoot pistols


Skeet shooting

More getting ready to shoot- looks like a classy place, eh?


Hallie being tossed in the air- this girl had no fear! She AND Emmie both love it and can go under and hold their breath and everything!

Sweet Emmie


Everyone having fun

Jackson wanted to be thrown up in the air also

Karen and her pretty girls


Hope everyone had a safe, fun 4th of July weekend!

2 comments:

Mary said...

gosh you and karen look so much alike. i almost asked when you got a one piece and realized my mistake :) and why is adam shooting a gun! he is a LITTLE BOY!

Amanda said...

I just realized that you guys live in Houston. We do too! Which part do you live in?