Ok, here is is, the highly anticipated top 5! Sorry it took a while to get this up...jet lag, laziness, season finales, family visiting, and the bachelorette premiere all played a part in the delayed posting, but better late than never, right?!?!
5. Diamond Head had some of the best views in Hawaii- ocean on one side, crater on the other and a great view of Waikiki Beach and the city of Honolulu. The hike up was great...until the stairs. Holy cow! More stairs than I ever want to see in one place again!
One of the gorgeous views

Me and Ben at the top

Ben and Seth overlooking Waikiki Beach and Honolulu


Enjoying the ice cream

3. Pearl Harbor- how could this not be in the top 5? Such an awesome piece of history. It was really humbling to walk through the memorial, see all the names on the walls, and look at the oil still "weeping" up out of the carrier.



2. Ziplining in Maui was so fun!! I was pretty scared before the first one (I think Ben was embarassed of my freaking out), but got the "hang" of it pretty fast after that :) I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes a little adventure. Our ziplines were anywhere from 450 feet long to 1,000 feet long. Here are some pics, and a video- don't watch if you get motion sickness- we're amateurs at filming while zipping through the air...
Me taking off
Ben coming in for a landing

1. Relaxing in one of the most beautiful places on Earth! Another must-do in Hawaii is lay around outside and enjoy the views! I loved laying out by the pool (with plenty of sunscreen after that first sunburn disaster!) and reading, napping, looking out at the ocean and islands in the distance, or just watching people. It was FANTASTIC! I wish I had more pictures of our view from the pool and cabana area, but I was too busy doing absolutely NOTHING to take pictures :)
View from our Maui room

Our terrace- it was nice to sit out here in the morning and read

And as a consolation for me taking so long to post, I'll share my absolute favorite picture of all of our vacation...



0 comments:
Post a Comment