I know it's going to come as a COMPLETE shock, but Ben and I want to go back to vacationing in Hawaii! Who would have thought that going to work everyday as a tax accountant and engineer just isn't as great as relaxing by a pool that overlooks the bluest ocean with islands and mountains in the backdrop. We had such a fantastic time and Hawaii is so incredibly beautiful. Breathtaking, actually.

9. Ben and Seth's scuba/snorkel trip. Once again, I did not go on this adventure- Mary and I chose to relax poolside and get a massage ;). Ben did get to see lots of colorful fishes and some real live sea turtles!! However, the boat ride again ruined the trip. I think Ben learned a valuable lesson on this trip about him and boats. No bueno. No pics of this, Seth had a waterproof camera, so bug the Anderle's for pictures of that!
8. Staying on the North Shore of Oahu! It was fabulous! So different from the hustle and bustle of Honolulu. I am soooo glad that we decided to stay outside the city because I don't think we would have made it up to the North Shore otherwise. The North Shore is the mecca of the surfing world, so pretty much every little town is centered on surfing. The waves are huge and there is always a surfer to watch out there. And, although we didn't have any celeb sightings, Lost is filmed just down the road from where we stayed and Forgetting Sarah Marshall was filmed at our resort, Turtle Bay. This is the view from our room. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

7. The road to Hana was paved with good intentions. Gorgeous scenery on a very bendy, scary road. While the scenery was breathtaking everywhere you looked, I was expecting to see everything from the car, not have to hike. And it takes at least 3-4 hours to get to Hana if you stop to actually see waterfalls, black sand beaches, etc. I think it's worth going on just to see the lush landscape and beautiful views. The actual city of Hana isn't anything to write home about- you have to go beyond that to the national park to see the 7 pools. What they don't tell you is that you have to pay to get into the park to see them, and that you have to hike for probably a couple hours to make it to all 7 of them. I wasn't feeling the whole hiking thing by then and it was raining so we only made it to one of them.
This is what we felt like when we finally made it to Hana...

Black sand beach...

Our favorite waterfall...you didn't have to hike to see it (you did to get closer though) and it wasn't even all the way to Hana!

See that cut out in the side of the mountain? That would be the road...

6. Old Lahaina Luau- this could have been higher on the list, except for a few things that swayed my opinion and made the night not quite as fun. The first being that I got an awful sunburn on the backs of my legs earlier that day. I made the mistake of using spray sunscreen in quite possibly the windiest place on earth (Chicago has nothing on Kaanapali Beach). Apparently not much of the sunscreen made it on my legs...and I was feeling it by that night. Then, I had the wolf-in-sheeps-clothing of a frozen drink called the Chi Chi. I had maybe 3 sips of it and my tummy was not happy with me for not eating first. So, before I even saw the whole pig being dug out of the ground, my legs hurt, I had a stomachache, my head hurt and I was shaking because I was so cold. Bring on the hula dancers! Despite all my troubles, I really enjoyed the show and was in total awe of the dancers- I wish I could do it!
It was all downhill from here for me...

Don't be fooled by the looks or name of this drink...it's dangerous!

And because I'm tired and like to keep ya guessing, I'll cover 1-5 tomorrow :)


3 comments:
very clever. love your witty comments. make sure to take a picture with your new cd! or include a song clip from it :)
i know the drink was a devil, the name sure sounds nice :)
Oops, I left a message down on another post somewhere below. Anyway, what I said was, where is the rest of the list? I have been waiting!
Post a Comment