A little too hard, in my opinion :) I kid, I kid. With the exception of January (when I started the new job), I have actually had it really easy at work. Then this past week happened. UGH. I won't bore everyone with the details about the job of a tax accountant because, let's be honest, the title "tax accountant" sounds boring enough. That being said, my job is really busy right after the quarter ends (beginning of April, July, October and the beast that is year-end in January) because we have to provide information for financial reporting. So this past week was my week to be really busy. Well, work would have been busy enough this week without some evil troll changing our numbers 3 times between Tuesday and Friday afternoon. So, after working late pretty much every night, I got to spend the weekend working. Jealous??
So, on top of working all weekend, here's what else went on...Friday night, Ben sold his motorcycle! After almost 2 years of it sitting in the garage, he finally listed it on Craig's list this past week and within 4 seconds of posting it, he had about a million emails asking about it and offering everything from golf lessons to being his friend for life in exchange for the motorcycle. We LOVE Craig's list! While I was at work on Saturday, Ben volunteered with his company at the MS150. He was at the rest stops/lunch breaks and cheered on the bikers. I'm sure he was the vision all those bikers were riding towards ;) He said it was pretty amazing seeing all the different companies and people that ride- old, young, in-shape and not-so-in-shape :). We also got to go to the Astros game with some friends Saturday night. It was a beautiful night for a baseball game, and the 'Stros even won!
Sorry, no pics this week. I know, bo-ring. Maybe next week we'll have some.
A special CONGRATS to Mary for finishing the MS150 today (in record time, I'm sure) and raising money for such a great cause! Read why she rides here.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
She works hard for her money...

Posted by
Paula
at
3:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
thanks for the shout out! p.s. did your husband mention that he FORGOT MY NAME?!?!?!?!
oh, and p.p.s. you do work way too hard. hope y'all got everything finished and that you can enjoy NEXT weekend!
Post a Comment