So I don't know how I feel about my haricut that I got this afternoon...
It's quite a bit shorter than I wanted it. I tend to be a tad dramatic about my haircuts- I always think that my hair is way shorter than other people see it. Ben probably won't even notice, then I'll get mad because I've built it up in my head that I got at least a foot cut off when really it was only 2 inches. Ha. We'll see. But I don't think I am being dramatic this time because I know for a fact that it was more than 2 inches. We measured.
However, I'm not sure that even a short boy-haircut (I kid, I kid) can ruin my day. Because yesterday, these came in the mail!
I have been stalking the J.Crew website for MONTHS waiting for these to go on sale. Not that they wouldn't have been worth full price, I just have an issue with J.Crew prices in general (and their outrageous shipping) and only buy sale items from them. But that's a whole 'notha story.
I also visited one of my most favorite stores today before my haircut- Barnes and Noble. I don't get to go very often (Ben hates to read and will never, ever be the type of guy that will just get a coffee and walk around for hours and hours with me. Ah well, you win some, you lose some :) ) but when I do, I go a little crazy. I love the smell, the atmosphere, even the people that work there! Except for the cashiers, sometimes. Anyway, I called Ben as I was checking out and told him that I was purchasing an excursion for myself for our upcoming Hawaiian vacation. I could hear the confusion in his voice after I told him that. You see, Ben has jam-packed his week in Hawaii with all sorts of activities- scuba, deep sea fishing, zip lining- ok I'm doing that one too, but you get the picture. He is MR. Activity. Can't sit still. I'm quite the opposite. So when I told him that I was booking (no pun intended) an excursion for myself that wasn't a spa treatment, his first comment was "Really??" Yessir, I sure did! Books for the beach!
I don't know anything about the last two in the picture. They were sort of impulse buys, so we'll see! Poor Ben. He married a girl that likes to read on the beach rather than scuba dive. Good thing we're going with Mary and Seth and he'll have someone to play with!


6 comments:
Hi Paula! It's Whitney...I just started reading your blog and think it's great.
I just wanted to comment about "One for the Money" LOVE IT. I ususally have to read her books by myself because I laugh out loudly too often.
Anyway, we're praying for you Mom and have fun in Hawaii! :)
Hey I read "Remember Me"! It's just as hilarious as her other books!
LOVE the hair cut... and LOVE LOVE the yellow shoes... so cute!! :)
the third book looks a little boring (remember, i judge by the cover)...what about the two books i gave you? i only have 2 to read - agh! i guess i need to get more. plus magazines. unless i can borrow remember me? i need to get more fun books too. mine are all too serious. and last time i took a non-fun book on vacay (i.e. marley & me) i was crying poolside at the end of the book.
Aw, your haircut is so cute! You look very mature and grown up! (Not that you didn't before). I love it! And mom and I are so happy to hear your momma is doing so good, all of you are in our prayers still!
Have a great time on your vacation!
Post a Comment