Today marked my first day as an official carpooler!

Well, vanpooler technically. A couple of weeks ago one of my co-workers told me that there was a spot opening in her van and asked if I was interested in joining since I live close to the park and ride that they meet at in the morning. You see, they INVITE people to join, it's not first-come-first-serve or you decide one day that you want to join and BAM! you're in a vanpool. This just proves what a huge dork I am because I felt like I had just been asked to sit at the cool kids table. And it's a vanpool. Perhaps I shouldn't have disclosed that bit of information. Anyway, the IDEA of the vanpool is great- save money on gas and tolls, get to ride in the HOV lane, get home early and enjoy the evening, not have to drive as much...now for the BUT...we leave the park and ride at 6:15 AM. YIKES. That's earlier than I am usually even awake in the morning. Maybe this change in/lack of sleep will get me ready for a baby??? ;)
Now for the Mama update...she is doing great! She has 3 chemo treatments down, one more and then scans. If her scans are clear, she has just 2 more treatments after that. Of course, that is what we are praying for- that these treatments have been doing their work in her body and ridding it of cancer. She constantly amazes me with how strong she is. Mom is already planning on going back to teaching at the beginning of May to finish out the year with her kids. What dedication! As always, please keep her in your prayers, especially when she starts back at work with the little germ-factories that she teaches!
Hope everyone is having a great week!


1 comments:
trust me...(take it from someone who ALWAYS sat at the cool kids' table)...you are now officially cool since you're in a VP!
Post a Comment