Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hobbies

Today Ben and I stopped by Lowes on our way home from church and while he was getting whatever it is he needed I checked out the garden center. (Side note: he does this ALL the time. Lowes happens to be on I10 on our way home from church and at least 3 out of 4 Sundays our conversation out of the church parking lot goes something like this: Me: "So, what do you want to do for lunch?" Ben: "Oh I don't know, you pick. By the way, we need to make a quick stop at Lowes on the way." And then I usually follow that with a "NOOOOOOOOO!" and then somehow I always get talked into a not-so-quick trip into the hardware blackhole. Today was no different. He did some quick thinking and wooed me with the idea of planting new spring flowers.) Flowers everywhere! All pink and purple and springy. I desperately want to be a great gardener. Only my track record for keeping plants alive isn't so great. So I have decided (for probably the 3rd time since we've been married) that gardening is going to be my new hobby. Only this time I really have a good feeling about it.

The thing is I don't really have very many good hobbies. I need one that gets me outside and doesn't require me to spend money :). My husband, however, has a list of hobbies that goes on and on and on. Some might say too many hobbies. When people ask him what he likes to do for fun, it's absolutely no problem for him to list cool stuff. He hunts, fishes, builds furniture, works on cars, plays softball, football and golf, skis, wakeboards, AND can do just about any handy man activity. I know you're thinking, "Are you kidding me??" and no, I am not. He does all of that stuff.

So, this afternoon, we planted some very cute petunias, dahlias, feather-somethings, and marigolds. I wish I had my camera to prove what I did today! Ahh well, maybe next week, if they are still alive ;)

3 comments:

Mary said...

we gardened as well! maggie's latest tricks forced us to add a flower bed to the backyard. sigh. there are so many pretty flowers out right now! and we have to enjoy it before the stupid texas summer sun kills them all.

The Fletchers said...

I love this comment thing... never knew it was here!! :)

I will start leaving you comments on your blog now... but I like to email them too cause then you email back... hmmm... we will see!

The Fletchers said...

Waiting for pictures of these flowers you planted... are they still alive!?!? :)