Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

That is exactly how I would describe my life lately. I feel like I am never home (and it's pretty much true, lately) and when I am home, I have about a million things to get done. Our laundry situation is so bad right now that poor Ben is out of white undershirts and has resorted to wearing his other t-shirts under his work clothes. Before you go thinking that I am a horrible wife, let's review what we have been up to.

I left for San Antonio last Friday morning (L-O-V-E the flex days!) to spend some time with Mom and the rest of my family. She is doing really well after her first chemo treatment! Granted, its no walk in the park, but she has been able to get some good rest and is even walking around a little better (the blood clots are still affecting her leg and stamina). On Saturday, my sister, Karen, and I worked on cleaning out the office/sewing room that is going to be redone soon. We found some jewels, let me tell you! Mom is a great sewer and used to make a lot of our clothes growing up (she even made my oldest sister's wedding dress!) and I don't think she has gone through her patterns since about 1985. I actually remember a lot of the clothes that she made by looking at the patterns and it is too funny seeing what we used to wear and what was in style! Then, we had the whole family (minus Ben- he stayed in Houston and went to our last Aggie B-ball game with his brother) at my parents house on Saturday night for dinner and hanging out. The best thing about the weekend was just seeing that Mom is doing A-OK. I've said it before, and I'll probably be saying it a lot, she is one tough lady.

We also went to the rodeo this week with Mary and Seth to see Rascal Flatts. I have been trying to see them for at least 3 years and I finally got to last night! I looooove Rascal Flatts!! Their CDs are some of the few that I can listen to the whole thing and not skip every other song. I will say that it wasn't quite as good a show as I had dreamed of and they did sing the one song of theirs that I really can't stand and that I do actually skip on one of their CDs (the one about playing a country song backwards...blech). Overall though it was a good show and the majority of their set was great. Oh yeah, and it also helped that we were on the 4th ROW! It was a late night for a school night, which made for a not so great morning today. I think in the future I am going to only go to the rodeo on the weekends. I know, I am old and lame.

I am so bummed that I don't have any new pictures and even more bummed that I don't have any pictures of RF. We had such great seats, too! I accidentally left my camera at my parent's house, so it will be Easter before I get to post new ones.

UPDATE: See the Anderle's post for pics of the rodeo and our fantastic seats!



Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comments:

Mary said...

thank goodness you're pulling yourself together and posting again!! :) jk. i have a few pictures on mine but they aren't fabulous. just take some pictures of doing chores around the house...those will work for us!