Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter weekend in San Antonio and lots of pics!

I LOVE Easter. L-O-V-E it. It's second only to Christmas in my book. It means spring time, Easter clothes, great memories, Easter Bunny, and Jesus is RISEN! Ben and I even got engaged on Easter weekend. He knew how much I love this holiday and wanted to make it that much more special for me. And no, he didn't hide my engagement ring in an Easter egg and make me hunt for it (though that's a good idea!). I come from a very tradition-oriented family so OF COURSE we dyed eggs Satuday night, had the typical Easter meal, complete with ham and deviled eggs and an egg hunt after Sunday lunch. Here are some pics from Sunday...

Bayles Family Easter pic...Dixie was being difficult

Me and Jackson- Jack REALLY loved dying eggs The Great Egg Hunt!

Hallie thought you were supposed to put the "sparkles" on your own head. Too cute!

Cute Cousins (minus Adam)!

While cascarones (aka confetti eggs as I'm told the non-San Antonian population calls them) I'm sure were a blast when I was little, they are just not my favorite now. I had a pile of confetti in the shower drain last night and that was after shaking my head out several times AND hanging out in the "safe zone" next to mom for most of the egg hunt.

Mom is doing great! She is so cute- on Thursday she had her head shaved and she has the prettiest little head. I'm not kidding- it's so tiny! I would have taken a picture of her, but I didn't think she was really in the photogenic kind of mood :). She felt well enough and is getting around so good that she went on several outtings with me this weekend. We went to the grocery store (mom is an HEB-aholic. she goes there like 4 times a week, so I think she missed it :) ), went to lunch at La Madeline and we went scarf shopping. Then, she went to church with us on Sunday so it was a good weekend for her! She has her second treatment this Thursday, so keep her in your thoughts and prayers Thursday please!
And finally, here are pictures of our hard work from last weekend in the yard. The flowers aren't all brown and shriveled up...yet ;)


3 comments:

Mary said...

finally. all the pics made up for your lack of blog. you've really got to keep up with this paula. you have a big audience to entertain. :) A++!!

Mary said...

p.s. i did not post that at 4:43 am. it's 6:43!! i don't want people to think i'm a blog psycho.

Paula said...

lol sorry- i was on pacific time...i changed it so you are no longer a weird, blog-obsessed fan :)