Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know some of you think Valentine's Day is just a commercial, Hallmark card "holiday" (and I sort of agree), but I guess I am just a sucker for a themed day and an excuse to get all lovey-dovey :) Ben and I decided to "celebrate" heart day tomorrow night with a nice steak dinner at Pappas Steak House (soooo excited) when we can enjoy ourselves a little more and not worry about getting up for work the next day. So tonight, it's pizza and a movie. And chocolate covered strawberries (my work had a Valentine's Day fair in the lobby, how could I pass them up??).

This past weekend was the much anticipated fairy princess birthday party for my niece, Hallie. Here is the birthday girl!

3 years old!

Don't worry, mom and I re-did Hallie's hair for her party. My sister, Karen, is obviously really challenged when it comes to fixing hair (and she as 2 little girls!) but she tries, bless her heart. The party was fun (although not as princess-y since it was the family version of her birthday party) and it was good to get to see my family and spend some time with them. My poor dad was sick though, so I didn't get to see him. As much as I love this time in our lives as a couple and our house in Houston, I really do miss them, even though they are only 3 hours away.

Unfortunately, we did not find any furniture or rugs at the outlet mall. I was pretty bummed...until I walked in Coach. Much to my delight, they were having a HUGE sale! Now, I have a slight weakness for the supple leather of a Coach bag, and seeing them on sale, actually made me squeal out loud. I ended up walking out with TWO new purses (don't judge, they were on SALE)! One of them I have been dreaming about since JULY (wine colored suede) and I was sure I wouldn't find it and there it was, about 60% off! Totally made up for the Pottery Barn disappointment.

This weekend is yet another busy weekend. Ben is paintballing, we have an Aggie B-Ball game in CS, and we have a game night- and that is just Saturday! Whew...

And, finally, on a more serious note, I have a prayer request for my Uncle Ronnie. He's just beginning his battle with cancer and could really use the extra prayers for strength and peace. We know it's all in God's hands. Please keep him and my family in your prayers.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 comments: