Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy New Year!

January was so incredilbly crazy this year for me (starting a new job at the busiest time of year for us accountants- not so smart) that I decided to postpone taking action my New Year's resolution of working out until February. Well, February rolled around and it only made sense for me to just go ahead and wait and celebrate the Chinese New Year (I know, I'm very logical). Well, folks, that day is here and I couldn't think of any reason to put it off any longer. I even bought new shoes the other night in preparation for today!

And I love them! I have been wanting a new pair for quite some time. I'm a little cheap when it comes to buying new tennis shoes, so I tend to keep my sneakers for quite some time. I have been rocking the grey New Balance shoes (yeah, the very ones that were popular about a million years ago) since college. Needless to say, my first work out in a very long time, was a challenge for me. My legs felt like they were going to fall right off when I got off the elliptical. But I know that getting started and back in the swing of working out is the hardest part. It will get better! That's what I have to tell myself anyway :)
Tomorrow's Friday! Wahoo! I live for the weekend. We're heading to San Marcos on Saturday. My precious little niece, Hallie, is turning 3 next week so we have a princess-themed birthday party to go to (Ben is especially excited)! And, we're going to do a little shopping while we're so close to the outlet mall- I'm on the hunt for a loveseat and/or a rug for the dining room. And maybe a purse. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mary said...

congrats on conquering the elliptical! you will be a maniac athlete in no time. and how your body could become any more svelte...i don't know. so i'm anxious to see ;)

Paula said...

thanks! i'll need all the encouragement i can get!