Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 21, 2008

From This Day Forward...

I was flipping through one of my picture boxes in search of some inspiration for my haircut tomorrow and stumbled across a sheet of folded up paper with a prayer on it that means so much to me. I don't remember when I got it- it was probably at a retreat or camp sometime in high school or jr. high, but I kept it pinned on a bulletin board in my room all throughout college and would read it when I needed some uplifting and a little "pep talk." Sorry, it's a little long, but take a minute and read it! It will make you feel better, I promise!

From this day forward...
I WILL make a difference.
Jesus, I thank You that You suffered and died for me on the cross to pay for my sins.
Father, I thank You that You raised Jesus from the dead to be my living Lord and Savior.
Holy Spirit, I thank You that You will lead me to do the right thing and change my world.
Today, Lord, I want to make You a promise.
I WILL NOT BE ASHAMED of Your name and Your Gospel.
I WILL do what I can for those who are persecuted and pray for them.
I WILL look enemies in the eye and love them with Your love. I will pray for them and love them no matter what the consequences.
I WILL follow Your voice wherever You lead me, unafraid, for I know You will be with me.
If I should stumble, if I fall, if I should deny Your name, if I should feel guilty that I did not pray or forgot to do something You've asked me to do,
I WILL NOT QUIT. I will not wallow in guilt. I will turn back to You, confess my sin, and do what You called me to do, because that is why You died for me.
I WILL stand with You and my brothers and sisters around the world, because no matter what happens, no matter what I face or how it looks, in the end, we will be VICTORIOUS- we will inherit eternity and heaven with YOU.

2 comments:

Mary said...

love the prayer!

i suggest my college sophomore haircut? i'm sure you have some old pictures of that! just whip out the razor blade and don't look back!!

Paula said...

lol...i still remember that day you came to my apartment in tears!