Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Year

One year ago my sweet mom was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I remember everything about those few weeks at the end of February and beginnng of March like it was yesterday. I remember getting a phone call early one Tuesday morning, before I had even left for work. In my family, you NEVER want a phone call that early unless it is your birthday. I remember the waiting and waiting on test results. I remember what it was like while she went through chemo. I also remember the best day of 2008 when we found out she was cancer free.


Mom had her 6 month appointment this past week. She has been having some leg pain, very similar to what she was feeling right before the cancer was found. We prayed. And prayed. And prayed some more. I was so scared for the results to come back and can only imagine what was going through Mom's head. I prayed throughout the past year constantly for God's will to be played out, which is one of the hardest things to pray for sometimes, even though it shouldn't be. It was hard to not JUST pray for what I wanted the outcome to be. The results came back and the doctor couldn't see anything on her scans that pointed to the cancer returning! She said it was probably scar tissue causing the discomfort. That was by far the BEST answer we could have asked for. Praise God!


I know there are so many out there dealing with cancer or illness in their or a loved one's life. I HATE cancer. But my mom's is a story of hope and I pray people can see that. She fought and won. She had faith in God through it all. It CAN be done.


"He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope." Ephesians 3:18

5 comments:

Mary said...

so happy for your mom! GOD IS GOOD!!!

Courtney Robertson said...

Yay for your mom!! I am so happy for your family and you :)

Jessie said...

That is great news Paula!

JJB said...

What a joy, Paula! God is so good... thank you for sharing this story.

Andrea said...

That is wonderful! Praise God!