Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thursday, October 16, 2008...

...was one of my most fun nights. EVER. Here's why...

NKOTB crew pre-concert happy hour


The car I was in ran a little late and actually missed the beginning of the concert (I know, TRAGIC), but luckily one of the girls was there to document and capture this moment:

The boys are baaaack!


We walked into our FLOOR SEATS to the New Kids singing "The Right Stuff" and looking like this:
And I was taken back to the 4th grade and my school girl crush, Joey, was singing to me (he's the middle one, for the non NKOTB fans).

The guys definitely worked it for the crowd. They sang and danced their little hearts out for all the screaming girls in their mid-late twenties, soccer moms and the 3 guys that got dragged their by their girlfriend/fiancee/wife.



Our seats were about 5 feet from where the makeshift stage and piano was that they sang "Tonight" at in the middle of the concert. So we got a good look at the older, more mature NKOTB. I've already spent a good 15 minutes trying to find myself in this picture, but I can't. Girls were literally FALLING over themselves to get to the stage and touch them. No, I was not one of them, but I found it very amusing to watch. And, once again, the boys were very obliging to their fans and put on an excellent show from the piano :)


They reappeared after the piano performance in these white suits and sang some more old songs (with more hip thrusting dance moves, I'm sure) and some new songs, which were painfully obvious because when they sang a new song everyone just kind of looked at each other, confused and not sure what to do. I mean come on, we did NOT come to hear their new stuff.
Alas, the time came for them to leave. But not before the encore of "Hangin' Tough" in their Celtics jerseys! You better believe I was still there waving my hands in the air to it!
OHH-OHHH-OH-OH HANGIN' TOUGH
I can now successfully check "Seeing the New Kids on the Block" in concert off of my lifelong list of things to do. Whew.

4 comments:

Mary said...

oooh wish i could've been there...y'all had great seats!

susan said...

i'm with mary. a little jealous, i must admit :) glad yall had some fun

askow said...

I think I found you in the picture where they're singing "Tonight". Aren't you the one dancing on top of the piano?

Paula said...

you're RIGHT ash! that IS me. i forgot i put my tina turner wig and sparkly leggings on for the concert :)