Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lately

Rewind 3 weeks when I fell off the blogging bandwagon...

We went to Ft Worth for some fun family time, filled with high school football, homecoming, games, and new faces ;)

Candace was nominated for Homecoming Queen and asked Ben to walk her onto the field with their mom. So sweet.

Here they are after she was robbed of the queen title (a boyfriend/girlfriend combo got it- go figure)


All of Candace's adoring fans


Bayles kids- Aaron, Candace, Micah, Benjamin (fun Bayles' family fact: all the kids have Bible names. 10 points to who can find Candace in the Bible.)

Meet Wilbur the potbelly pig. Ben got him when he was about 13 years old and here he is, 14 years later. Still kickin'. And still in his mom's backyard.


Aggie vs Tech weekend. I thought this was going to be the only time we'd be beating Tech the whole game, so I felt the need to document. I was wrong! We actually held our own a lot better than expected. We still lost, but, we were winning at halftime!


This past weekend, we headed back up to Ft Worth to see family, make a special delivery, watch some more high school football and go to Six Flags. First, we headed to Micah's classroom to deliver this:


That big thing? Yeah, my husband built that. It's a reading loft for Micah's kids- not to be confused with a bunk bed. How many kids do we think will be jumping off this on Monday? Micah swears she is "tough" and the 3rd graders wouldn't dare disobey her...

Next, we headed to the North Crowley HS vs Paschal HS for some more Friday night lights action. Well, really we just go to watch the cheerleaders. In a completely non creepy way.

Candace, the co-captain

I won't go into how many tries it took to get this :)

Saturday we headed to:
Apparently I was delusional in thinking that it wouldn't be THAT crowded Saturday afternoon and evening. I thought for sure people would be there solely for the Fright Fest festivities and wouldn't care a flip about the roller coasters. Ha. I was wrong. This was my first Six Flags in Arlington experience so I was determined on riding as many rides as possible.

The Texas Giant- worst.ride.ever.
I hated the Giant with a passion. It was so rough, I couldn't enjoy even one second of it, which says a lot because I generally LOVE roller coasters. Between the Giant and that stupid Vibora (bobsled) ride, I am pretty sure I am going to need to visit a chiropractor now. Some rides I loved: The Titan, Batman, Shockwave.

Derek and Ashley met us at Six Flags to join in on the fun

And that covers the hilights of the past few weeks! I'll try and be a better updater from now on :)

1 comments:

Mary said...

ok...i was mildly satisfied when i went to bed last night with your nkotb post. i figured you were slowly working your way back into the blogging world. but boy was i surprised this morning! excellent recap of the past few weeks.

but i do have a concern...1) your FIRST time to six flags?! 2) you DIDN'T like the bobsled?! that's one of my favorite rides!! along with the shockwave and flashback. oh geez.