Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 28, 2008

Reunited and it feels so good!

I've decided that since we have been so busy this month that I am going to tackle one trip at a time and try to recap. Since this past weekend is still fresh in my mind, Ramsey Reunion is up first!

Pretty Amazing that from 3 little ladies, came these 30 people- and this isn't even all of their kids and grandkids!

For the past 16 years, my Mom's side of the family has gotten together in July to celebrate, catch up, play games and have some good ole' fun with each other. My Granny (my mom's mom) was one of 7 kids in her family (the Ramsey's), and 3 of the Ramsey children, although not with us anymore, are represented through their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren at the reunion. With 7 "originals" and their families you can imagine how spread out everyone is and how MANY people that would be, so it is quite a feat to even get 3 represented! The reunion started out in Denton, TX at one of the 2nd generation kid's houses, but it got to be too much to handle with as many people as were showing up, so about 8 years ago we moved the crew to Mo Ranch in Hunt, TX. Mo is beautiful! It's on the Guadalupe River, in the Hill Country, and has gorgeous views everywhere. This year we stayed in the Manor House which was so great! Everyone was all together and we had an awesome deck to hang out on and enjoy the views.


Chillin' on the deck


View from the deck- that's the river down there, but you can't see that well

Ben and Phil


Pretty much everything that we do this weekend turns into Boys vs Girls for the Kita clan and it gets pretty competitive. Sports, Skip Bo, etc. One year Terri and Phil (my sister and bro in law) actually had a race to see who was faster. Oh, memories. Anyway, we play soccer tennis, a game that we like to think we invented, every year and it's always the Kita girls- me, Terri, Karen and Courtney versus the "outsiders"- Ben, Phil, Scott, and Adam. Adam technically isn't an outsider since he's Terri's son, but he's a boy and he's old enough to play, so he counts :). I'm proud to say that the girls won this year- and the boys gave the same old whiney song and dance about how we cheated, delayed the game so that we had to end early when it got dark while we were conveniently ahead, blah, blah, blah. But the fact is, we had more points in the end. So, HA!

I also participated in the great battle of the Tolands basketball game for the first time in a looong time. It's pretty much my Uncle Ronnie's family and our family battling it out on the basketball court. Let's just say it is one intense game. Family pride is on the line. I walked away with two bloody knees and every single muscle in my body hurts. I wish so badly that it was on video tape, because I'm pretty sure it looks like red neck street ball. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics (or video) since I was too busy being a superstar on the court :)

More pics of the weekend...
Scott and Emmie


Mama and Daddy


Sweet cousins- Jackson and Hallie


My handsome hubby


We had a little bit of fun on the slide...

Me and Benny

Terri- that slide was faster than you would think!

Hallie and Jack

Scott and Karen

Terri and Phil



Another great Ramsey Reuinion! 'Til next year...

3 comments:

Mary said...

so cute! and i love skip bo! glad y'all had a fun, safe trip! :)

Lauren said...

Aww, I'm so sad we couldn't be there. Mom and Jay are in the process of moving my Memama (Pat) into a nursing home. I'm sure you had some sort of an update about her from someone this weekend. It's so good to see pictures of everyone. It doesn't look like as many people were there this year..? Thanks for the post! Hows your mom?

PS. Mom told Dot that I kept up with you through your blog, so I gave Dot your blogspot address.

Amanda said...

That is so special that you guys get to do that! I am jealous. Thanks for sharing some of your memories.