We're currently working on changing the look of things 'round here! Inside the house, outside the house, the blog, the list goes on...and on...
Inside the house, I'm trying to make it more "homey." I feel like I have neglected a lot of rooms while decorating, so I am working on getting more things on the walls, more flower arrangements and, overall, just more STUFF. It's taken me a while because I am a little picky and, surprisingly, undecisive when it comes to decorating. I'm the complete opposite when shopping for clothes! It's a work in progress...maybe once I figure out where my recent purchases will go, I'll take pictures.
Outside the house, we (and by we, I mean poor Ben does most of the work) are working on making over our back porch. This has always been on our "to do" list, but it has been bumped to the top recently. We're extending the patio 5 feet (which Ben did today! He's amazing!), putting flagstone down and, the BEST part of all, Ben is BUILDING a pergola!! I am so excited to have an outdoor area and can't wait until it is done. I have visions of the parties and hanging out that will happen out there when it cools down...in like 6 months. I also can't wait for the dogs to have more shade. They are the main reason this project got bumped up to the top of the list. Since they are now outside dogs, I feel awful about them being outside in the sun all day long- we have a tree, but something tells me that Dixie waits at the back door and doesn't take advantage of all the shade that the tree has to offer:) I will definitely post before and after pics when this is completed! Can.not.wait.
And, finally, LIFE WITH THE BAYLES is getting a makeover of sorts. Head over here to get instructions on how to do this too! It's a work in progress, so there will be more changes on the way!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Pardon my dust...

Posted by
Paula
at
8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
goodness gracious, this is similar to the one i was looking at. ok, you got dibs this time :) looks great! can't wait for the pergola...we've thought about that for awhile, but frankly are lacking a little in overall backyard space. my next house though...
Post a Comment