Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our week in pictures

Let's take a trip back to last weekend...Memorial Day weekend. We went to San Antonio to celebrate lots of birthdays- my oldest sister, Terri, turned another year older last Friday, her son, Jackson, turned 4 on Saturday and Emmie turns 2 tomorrow! That's a lotta birthdays to celebrate at once, even for my ginormous family! So, Friday the fam went out for Terri's b-day (Ben and I made it for dessert) and Saturday Jack and Emmie had a combined family/friends party. Oh yeah, add in a birthday lunch for my aunt on Saturday, too. WHEW. So here are pics of Friday-Sat of Memorial Day weekend...

Birthday girl Emmie



J-Man is 4!


absolute chaos opening presents.


We brought back hula outfits for all our little girl nieces. Emmie and Hallie being silly :)


Sunday we left for College Station to hang out with Jeremy and Stacey at Stacey's family's lakehouse. This is pretty much our only pictures of the lake...Ben helping fix the ladder. We always have a good time with the Ksiondas...this time we also had Quelf. SO FUN!



And that ended our Memorial Day weekend tour of South/Southeast Texas. It was a good weekend, just one of those where you feel like you need another weekend at home just to recover!

This weekend we got to stay in Houston for a change. But, by Saturday it just didn't feel right that we hadn't traveled anywhere in a car for hours on end, so we decided to go down to Kemah and stop and see Ben's brother, Aaron, and his family along the way. What can I say, we love paying $3.85/gallon for gas and want to fill up as often as possible.

Riiiiiight.

All kidding aside, Aaron's birthday is today (Happy Birthday!), so we wanted to wish him a good one, plus we had Hawaii hula outfits for the nieces! And, we haven't ever been to Kemah and I wanted to see what all the hype was for. Ha. Not so sure we'll be going back for a while. It's a cute boardwalk and all, but seeing as how I am married to Mr. Motion Sickness, there wasn't much to do besides eat and gaze out at the beautiful, murky waters of the Gulf. Here are pics...

Emma and Hope in their hula outfits...I love Hopey's face here...looks like she's dancing a jig!


BB couldn't even ride the ferris wheel...

at dinner

Squeeze in some work during the week and that's been our week in a nutshell! Oh, I also saw the new SATC movie...LOVED IT!! If you are a girl and liked the show, run, don't walk to see it! Bring kleenex, I cried more than once :)

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Mary said...

the girls look so cute in the hula outfits!! that was a good call.

Lauren said...

Glad to know your momma's results came back good and we will continue to pray for her healing! OH MY GOSH...I cannot believe how big Jackson is and I didn't even know Emmie existed until your blog! I cant believe how long its been since I've seen your side of the family. Is there even a reunion this summer? Love your posts, Paula! :)