Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

9 (and a half) months

NOAH!

You are 9 whole months old!  You have now been out of my tummy for longer than you were in it...makes this mama a little teary eyed thinking about it like that.  It's not that I don't want you to grow up because I do.  But I also want you to stay little forever.  The other day I was rocking you to sleep and couldn't help but think that you are the closest thing to perfection this side of heaven that I will ever see.  As I held you I prayed and thanked God for giving me and your daddy such a precious, healthy, beautiful baby boy.  You are honestly the best thing I have EVER done and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE watching you grow.

Here's what 9 months brought you:

- You continue to grow, grow, grow!  At your 9 month appointment you were 17 lb, 10 oz (10th percentile) and 28.5 inches long (50-75th percentile)!  We knew you would eventually make it to long and skinny...

-The day of your 9 month check up (it was actually on August 20th) you took your first crawls!!  There was a light up toy of your friend, Jack's, that you thought was pretty awesome and you just had to get to it.  You had an audience too- Daddy and I were there watching you, of course, along with Justin, Courtney and Jack and Jana and BJ!  Thanks for putting on a show :)

- Since then you are still mastering the art of the crawl and still sometimes resort to just scooting on your tummy if you really want to get somewhere fast.  You never army crawled though.

- You are starting to pull up on things and are getting steadier and steadier every time.  You do fall backwards every now and then, but are a tough guy and don't seem to mind!

- You tried a couple of new things to eat this month- some you like, some you don't.  Yogurt and yogurt melts are a no-go right now.  I think it's too sour or something for your little tastebuds.  You do like cheese, bits of Ritz crackers, and blueberries cut up though.

- You are still not the best at the sippy cup.  Actually, you can drink just fine from it, you just choose to spit it all out once you get it in your mouth.  

-  You refuse to feed yourself.  You are more than capable of grabbing a puff with your chubby little fingers, but the second we try and get you to put it in your mouth, you arch your back and try and shove us away.  Little stinker.

- You love your bottles.  Well, truth be told, you love them the instant you see them and throw a little fit until it is in your mouth and then lose interest a few minutes into them.  We're actually trying to work on the little temper tantrums you throw when you don't get what you want, when you want it.  Patience isn't my strongest suit either, especially when I'm hungry, so I understand it's hard.

- You are still on the same eating and sleeping schedule as 8 months and naps are still not great, but we take what we can get.

- You still are super happy about 90% of the time- the other 10% is the 7 seconds it takes to get the bottle in your mouth after you have spotted it and when you are tired.  Other than that, you just smile, talk, babble and laugh all the time!  It's so fun to be around you!

- Your Daddy and I still love you more than anything, Little Buddy!

Pics from 9 months: 

Pulling up on the chair!


He spotted me and is coming after the camera...


How can you not pick up this little boy and kiss those cheeks when he looks at you like that??  Yes, I'm a big sucker.


Started out happy in the chair for our 9 month photo shoot...


Making mama nervous diving for the ledge- I have a feeling this is only the beginning of my nervousness...


Aaaaand, he's done.


You sit in your big-boy high chair now!  You like it most of the time :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

he looks so super old in that last picture! glad we got to see him yesterday - we love you noah!

The Fletchers said...

I LOVE those big blue eyes!! I cant believe how fast he is growing up! :)