Welcome to our Christmas tour!
If we don't get around to sending Christmas cards this year, consider this your Merry Christmas from the Bayles! 
Now for the fun stuff...
This is what you see when you walk in the front door of our house: straight ahead- the dining room!
To the left, we set our keys down and have this jolly guy waiting to take our mail for us (if only he actually made the trip to the mailbox also...)To the right is our formal living room, which houses some of my most favorite Christmas things...

The mantle all decked out

Probably my absolute most favorite Christmas things are our stockings. It's a tradition that everyone in the family gets one when they join the family (through birth or marriage) exactly like these made with their name on it. My Granny made mine and my mom made Ben's. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Of course, they are not used at all- I barely let people touch them!
Another favorite of mine is this ceramic tree that my Granny made. It used to be hers, and then it was my mom's and now it's mine :)
I found this adorable Santa for a steal at a cute, cute store at Bracken Village in San Antonio over Thanksgiving

The breakfast room...I usually don't have so many fresh flowers in the house, but since my birthday was Saturday and my sweet friends and husband sent me some, they were everywhere!

The family room -with brand spanking new built-ins- I'll do a whole before and after on those! and yes, the Cowboys game was on when I took this :)

Close up of the Nativity scene on a shelf. I got this at Hallmark a few years ago. I think it needs a little something with it- maybe some trees or something?? I guess pine trees weren't really native to the area though...ha!

And, finally, the grand finale!

THE TREE

I could stare at my tree for hours. I love it. It makes me smile. I don't do a theme tree in the family room (or anywhere, yet) because I love collecting ornaments through the years and looking at them and remembering the special times that they represent. I got a new ornament every single year since I was born from my Mom and I think it is so neat that each of my ornaments represents a year of my life. Some of my choices might have been questionable (like the year I got a Mr. Potato Head...don't know what I was thinking), but I always got to pick out which one I got. And now that I'm married I make it a point to get an ornament from every place that Ben and I travel to so that we always have that memory. Ok, enough cheese. Here are a few of my faves:
I got this Santa last year at Berings- no special reason, I just thought he was so pretty
I also try and get Ben a new ornament every year so that he is represented on the tree...here is a hunting snowman- perfect for my hunter :)

A present from my oldest sister last year

Getting married the week after Christmas definitely had its perks! My mom actually had this made for my "holiday" shower and I think it is so cute and perfect!









14 comments:
Your home is beautiful and I LOVE your dogs! I have a green ceramic tree that was passed down to me too! Thanks for sharing!
I love your tree and all stockings. Thanks for sharing
so pretty! and i love your family picture!
Everything is so pretty, but coming from Maui I'd say my favorite is the Hawaiian Gingerbreadman ornament ;)
Everything looks great. you should use the picture of you guys with your dogs as your Christmas card its a great picture. Also where did you find the snowman duck hunting ornament. my child would love that.
That picture is BEAUTIFUL of you two! I better get a christmas card!!! :)
Your home is absolutely lovely! We hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!!!
i better get a christmas card too!!!
ceramic trees must have been very popular among grandmas...i have several friends that have those. perhaps i should get in the market...
my mom has that ceramic tree too. it's on my list of things to take when i leave, as well :) and i don't remember your mom making that ornament at your shower, but you are right. it is absolutely perfect. merry christmas!!
Thanks for a wonderful tour! I love all of the sweet ornaments- what a fun tradition! I love all of your decorating- you're a pro! :) Hope to see you guys, soon!
I have that same ceramic tree. It was my husband's Granny's. Everything looks wonderful. So glad you joined the tour with us!
Merry Christmas from She Lives!
you have a beautiful home...and a beautiful family...and I love your two furry children..aren't they sweet...
Your family picture is wonderful! And thanks for sharing all the pictures of your Christmas stuff!
Beautiful home. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment